British 30th corps markings

404boy

Hi,

I'm considering reproducing a 30th corps Royal Artillery uniform so i'm looking

for any advice picture etc. I'm basing it on the 37 pattern bd uniform and aiming

for a look the would represent the D Day unit or units.

the attached image I hope is correct its only a mock up

Joe Dempsey

2014-07-29 20.42.52.jpg

Quite happy to stand being corrected as I'm still learning this stuff myself, but wouldn't the D-Day artillery under 30 Corps actually have had the 50th Infantry Div. patch, they being the operative unit? Thinking that only later (E.g Operation Market in September) was artillery directly assigned. Using this site as reference.

http://www.ra39-45.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/form/page2.html

That page seems to specifically indicate those units actually engaged in the landings on 6th June 1944.

XXX Corps, according to the sometimes unreliable Bouchery book, had 73rd AT Regt and 27th LAA Regt, Royal Artillery as part of the Corps HQ. They also has 5th Army Group Royal Artillery which contained medium and heavy regiments. But they wore the 2nd Army badge instead of the XXX Corps' boar.

That page seems to specifically indicate those units actually engaged in the landings on 6th June 1944.

XXX Corps, according to the sometimes unreliable Bouchery book, had 73rd AT Regt and 27th LAA Regt, Royal Artillery as part of the Corps HQ. They also has 5th Army Group Royal Artillery which contained medium and heavy regiments. But they wore the 2nd Army badge instead of the XXX Corps' boar.

Right, but he did say - 'I'm basing it on the 37 pattern bd uniform and aiming for a look the would represent the D Day unit or units.' Hence my thinking about that particular reference.

Apologies for the lack of information I'm new to exact

Reproduction of actual unit uniforms prior to this it was just

Trucks and bd no markings at all, I'm a retired reservist at home

In what used to be an artillery unit so hence my interest in artillery

And XXX corps intrigued me as a cp ack guess I would have been

Hq assigned.

Look after it! :-D I've got loads of her past if you want them.

Oh I will. She's just in the garage now having a good once over so her first show should be Victory Show and then Goodwood

anything you in terms of history would be much appreciated

She's had my blood at times! :-D I've to many pictures to post or transferr via e mail. PM a postal adress and I'll send you discs. Have you got in touch with Phil Webb? He restored her, we showed her with my Dodge on many occasions.

PM sent. I have been in touch with Phil and a few others, Geoff etc. All been very helpful, she must be a special truck (well I know she is) ;)