Mystery Object No.23

fv1609

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clive, give us a clue. Did this thing ever exist or is it someones fantasy idea?

It existed but was not adopted. In fact two countries worked on similar ideas. This one had maximum speed of 500 feet per second, with an internal temperature of 3500 deg F producing 1200 psi at the jets allowing a turn of 400 deg per sec. I can't seem to find dimensions, but on the basis of certain structures its diameter would be about 2 ft.

So what more can I say? I've really given it away now :whistle:

Is it significant that there are two,

Nope

just to show both sides?

Yes

Would they be deployed alone, in groups,

Alone generally I would think

from a host?

Don't know what you mean

Laser guided?

Nope

Smoke discharger projectile

A smoke screen round that could be fired at the enemy so they couldn't see each other or you but you can manuever unmolested

Nope, as I said its about 2ft diameter.

Is it used to propel something, ie some sort of fuel cell?

No it is the complete thing.

I assume it flies in air...or is it in space or underwater?

Air

Anything nuclear involved?

Nope

Is it some sort of weapon disabling/detonating device?

Nope

Spy type thing?

Nope

Looks like something out of Jules Verne!!

I see what you mean but nope.

Was there some German/Japanese collaboration at some point towards the end of WW2?

Nope

So we have a device about 2 feet in dia with a maximum speed of 500 feet per second, that had an internal temperature of 3500 deg F producing 1200 psi at the jets allowing a turn of 400 deg per sec.

Mainly used in straight lines but with a degre of manouverability and not by the navy

the dia seems to rule out any form of gun yet the rotational speed indicates it is fired at some thing somehow. The diagrams look like the early part of the 20th centry.

How about a device for clearing barbed wire????

Would it be a Kugelblitz ("round lightning") ? An explosive gas weapon using a 50:50 mix of butane and propane, with gyroscopic stabilisation, I believe designed to intercept bombers. Possibly with remote control and was being developed at late part of WW2 by the Germans, in Italy.