What's Sean got now?

Sean N

Question

I'm having a big clearout, and keep coming across mystery parts. Often I've either forgotten what they are or didn't know in the first place.

I thought it might be interesting to post some of them up here as an on-going quiz and see if anyone can identify them, rather along the lines of Clive's Mystery Objects (though probably much less mysterious) - the difference being that I won't be able to tell you if you're right or not!

Most are vehicle parts, so it'll probably be obvious what they are generally - a light, a speedometer, whatever - but perhaps not the details or what they're from. Given the sources they're probably mostly British, as well - I don't think that's giving too much away!

OK, first item, maybe obvious but I don't know what it's from and I find it interesting:

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

• Answers 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm really struggling to find a reference for those Lockheed part numbers which surprises me.

How about a water pump? I'm sure I should know what this is but I can't place it. The number on it is 37711630, but of course that may just be a pattern or casting number, or part number for the body only.

IMG_1658.jpg

This turns out to be a water pump for Perkins 4.236 and 4.248 engines - I found another one with a Perkins logo on it.

Hi Clive, just out of interest, were the other two numbers listed ........ J5228 and J5229 ?

J5229 may also be Austin 1K-4063, not that it helps as I can't find a cross-reference for that either.

I have some small boxes marked Z.1 ZA 14464 Straps, Securing, No. 4, Trucks, 15-cwt, 4 wheels Wireless (Mod Kit). Would these be MW?

Also a dipstick LV10 FV143013, so it's from some A or B vehicle. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

Edited by Sean N
Add stuff

Well, that's a couple eliminated at least!

Some instruments:

This is AC 7228093. I thought this would be simple (i.e. Bedford) but I can't find it in any of my Bedford books:

IMG_3394s-1.jpg

Sure I should know this one:

IMG_3420s-1.jpg

This is similar to a lot of Austin ones, but different background colour:

IMG_3440s-1.jpg

These grubby horrible things, believe it or not, are NOS. They have 'Distometer', some patent numbers, and GC on the back:

IMG_3458s-1.jpg

IMG_3470s-1.jpg

J5229 may also be Austin 1K-4063, not that it helps as I can't find a cross-reference for that either.

I have some small boxes marked Z.1 ZA 14464 Straps, Securing, No. 4, Trucks, 15-cwt, 4 wheels Wireless (Mod Kit). Would these be MW?

Also a dipstick LV10 FV143013, so it's from some A or B vehicle. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

Are the straps for sale Sean?

I seem to have a few of these Wilmot Breeden fuel caps:

IMG_2302s-1.jpg

I can find almost everything out about these Perkins / Rolls Royce OF1609 filters except what they fit. Suspect possibly B series again.

IMG_2442s-1.jpg

No part numbers, but Stalwart, I believe, by comparison:

IMG_2584s-1.jpg

IMG_2586s-1.jpg

Perkins Part no OF1609 NSN 6MT9 4330-99-806-9076 FILTER ELEMENT, FLUID. According to ISIS first used on Douglas Tractor, Aircraft, Heavy , Mk2

Which engine would that be? B80, or am I thinking of the Sentinel tug?

It looks the same as the ones on my Saracen too.

Thanks Terry.

Back to sorting yesterday, more stuffs:

I have in mind that this came from a Series Landy, can anyone confirm?

IMG_2715vs.jpg

Does this thermostat look familiar to anyone? It's 180 - 195 deg F and is marked OG4 (or possibly OB4) on the end:

IMG_2729vs.jpg

I thought this was Bedford MW wireless, but it doesn't look quite the same as the others I've seen:

IMG_2638vs.jpg

IMG_2638vsc.jpg

3/LD and 1970s with an FV part number, so my guess is Chieftain power pack lifting eyes?

IMG_2622vs.jpg

This shiny thing came out of a loose wrapper marked Thornycroft ENOTS P9001. The underside is stamped A (or delta) L328388 ABROAD: It doesn't at all, it's a patent stamp that says PAT 328399 ABROAD! It also probably is ENOTS as it appears to have an ENOTS trade mark stamped on it, though it's not clear.

IMG_2300vs.jpg

IMG_2301vs.jpg

This is probably a very long shot, but a couple of PTOs for SAE 6 bolt fitting. Likely these are Bedford or AEC fitment given where they came from:

IMG_1513s-2.jpg

IMG_1512s-1.jpg

IMG_1507s-2.jpg

IMG_1511s-2.jpg

IMG_1510s-2.jpg

IMG_1509s-2.jpg

This Carter W-1 carb is new (if a bit grubby), but unfortunately the tag's broken off. Anyone know any way of identifying the fitment without it, other than stripping it to check the jets!?

IMG_2636vs.jpg

Edited by Sean N

Gardner 7/GA 1/97/11/43A Sprayer (i.e. injector - these look like LW injectors to me)

These are confirmed as LW injectors

Leyland 227564D.MM2 injector (packed in 6s, no VAOS prefix, the number is from the injectors themselves)

Apparently these are for the 7.4 diesel (E181) as used in the Mk2 Hippo, Titan PD1 / PS1 bus, Beaver, marine applications etc.

Edited by Sean N

Thanks Clive. It's niggling me that I know what these rod ends are off, but I can't place it. Small-ish Austin or Bedford, perhaps?

This Carter W-1 carb is new (if a bit grubby), but unfortunately the tag's broken off. Anyone know any way of identifying the fitment without it, other than stripping it to check the jets!?

IMG_2636vs.jpg

After a bit of research, this carb seems to be a 1941 - 1948 483S, which in context is likely to mean it came from a Chevrolet truck, probably a CMP.