Mystery Object No.22

fv1609

Several questions to this one!

1. What are these men looking at?

2. Who is the man in civies?

3. Where were these pictures taken?

4. When was this?

There are other questions I could ask, but if I ask them it will then allow most of the answers to the above to fall into place!

Objecttwo.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably looking at a fox or ferret - nope

at bovi - nope

as the cap badges were tank reg - yes

rougthly in the sixties - yes

the civie was being shown the vechicles at a tank sale - nope

Several questions to this one!

1. What are these men looking at?

2. Who is the man in civies?

3. Where were these pictures taken?

4. When was this?

Clive,

Going for the hat trick ;-)

1/ Looking at radio equipment, which seems to be laid out on a trailer under the tent.

2/ He is a representative of a foreign government.

3/ Aldershot

4/ 1960's

Clive,

Location could be Bordon or Arborfield and I have now spotted that in the first picture, under the tent can be seen the rear of body / tailboard, of a 1 ton truck, either an Austin K9, Morris MRA1 or Humber 1 ton. There is a Craftsman working on a small mobile workshop trailer in front of the truck.

The Foreign gentleman could be King of Jordan ? (a stab in the dark here).

Location could be Bordon or Arborfield - nope

under the tent can be seen the rear of body / tailboard, of a 1 ton truck, Humber 1 ton. - yes

There is a Craftsman working on a small mobile -yes

workshop - nope

The Foreign gentleman could be King of Jordan ? - nope but a good guess

On the second picture, to the right of the chap on the left there appears to be something - (to his right) well spotted it is significant

that looks like a hydraulic leg or support brace? yes it does - but nope

On the second picture, to the right of the chap on the left there appears to be something that looks like a hydraulic leg or support brace?

It looks to me like an upper section of a 27' mast, but I doubt it can be because you'd be able to see the lower sections telescoped at the bottom of the picture.

But I'd guess it is something similar.

It looks to me like an upper section of a 27' mast, but I doubt it can be because you'd be able to see the lower sections telescoped at the bottom of the picture. But I'd guess it is something similar. - nope, not a mast of any sort.

Clive,

With the Humber 1 ton GS truck, RTR personnel, black coveralls on the mechanic, it has to be something to do with Malkara support equipment. Now therre was a mobile crane specially for handling guided weapons, a Thornycroft Nubianwith a Bedford engine, this could be the outrigger leg in the photo. It was used by the School of Artillery in the mid 1960's. Which brings me to the location, Larkhill ?

With the Humber 1 ton GS truck, RTR personnel, black coveralls on the mechanic, it has to be something to do with Malkara support equipment. - Yes

Now therre was a mobile crane specially for handling guided weapons, a Thornycroft Nubianwith a Bedford engine, this could be the outrigger leg in the photo. - Nope

It was used by the School of Artillery in the mid 1960's. Which brings me to the location, Larkhill ? - Nope