TN15 gearboxes

SebBrady

Hi all, so after looking about today just general parts availability there doesn't seem to be TN15 gearboxes for CVR(T)s. So am I looking in the wrong place or are they rare to get hold of? Any help appreciated so I know what to expect if I want to source parts for spares....

Seb

Might be worth getting in touch with Andrew from the Alvis Fighting Vehicle Society.. very willing to help and found me plenty of parts for honest money.

Sure he said he had or could rebuild gearboxes so presumably has parts?

James

@Timbo I managed to pick up a spare clutch however I think the top selector may need replacing as well so just trying to weigh up the options of saving for a replacement or risk rebuild of mine,

@Sidewinder yeah I was down at his yard the other day picking up some other parts and was talking with him about getting something sorted,

Sorry for the late replies been stuck away at work.

Seb

Seb

When you say top selector do you mean the forward/ reverse lever? If so are you sure it isnt just stuck with lack of use? I have found they tend to go rusty quickly which makes selection difficult. Remove the linkage then you should be able to put a drift on the opposite end of the selector bar and gently tap it out so that as much of the bar as possible is exposed. Then use wire wool / wire brush and plenty of WD40 and keep working it backwards and forwards and you should find it frees off...

Tim

Seb

That being the case i am sure you will find that is the problem. Soak it in wd or diesel for a while first and keep working it a bit at a time til it frees off. I would be surprised if it is an internal problem unless it has got water inside.

Tim

Okay thats the first thing to be doing then, it still turns the gearbox so it leads me to believe it isnt too bad inside, but well never know until we get it moving freely and put back in, going to be two weeks before i can get back down to my yard but ill keep you all in the know.

Seb