Karrier WO6

Gavla

Hi, Can anyone help me...I've started to restore my Karrier WO6 and I have started to re-build the engine, butI have no manual for Dorman engine. Could anyone shed some light on the value clearances? The head number is 16212 with an engine number of 20702 (1929)

Also, the head is painted black...is this correct? The rest of the engine is in it's bear aluminum, although when cleaning the engine I have found, under the grime, a sage green paint on the aluminum. Should it be painted this green or left in it's bear form?

Cheers

Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF5370.JPG

Here are the pics of the engine as promised - somewhat late!! Probs with downloading photos from my phone to the computer!! The gold looking paint on the aluminum is actually the sage green colour.

P.s. I can send more pics if required.

Many thanks

Gavin

DSCF5362.JPG

DSCF5364.JPG

DSCF5365.JPG

DSCF5367.JPG

DSCF5368.JPG

DSCF5369.JPG

Hi Gavin,

Try this museum archives, they may copy the manuals for you;

www.archives.staffordshire.gov.uk

[TABLE=class: ContextTable]

[TR=class: ContextTree]

[TD=class: ContextData]Running instruction manuals and parts lists for Dorman engines

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: RecordView]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]LocatedAt

[/TD]

[TD=class: Repository]Staffordshire Record Office

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]Level

[/TD]

[TD=class: Level]Item

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]DocRefNo

[/TD]

[TD=class: AltRefNo]6412/5/18

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]Title

[/TD]

[TD=class: Title]Technical booklets and parts lists for Dorman engine types 4JU, 4JUL, 6JU and 6JUL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]Date

[/TD]

[TD=class: Date]1922-1930s

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: FieldLabel]

[/TD]

[TD=class: Extent](1 bundle)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

regards, Richard

Edited by Richard Farrant

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 6/24/2014 at 9:09 PM, Gavla said:

Hi, Can anyone help me...I've started to restore my Karrier WO6 and I have started to re-build the engine, butI have no manual for Dorman engine. Could anyone shed some light on the value clearances? The head number is 16212 with an engine number of 20702 (1929)

Also, the head is painted black...is this correct? The rest of the engine is in it's bear aluminum, although when cleaning the engine I have found, under the grime, a sage green paint on the aluminum. Should it be painted this green or left in it's bear form?

Cheers

Gavin

Here are the Photos of it being restored in the early 90s. My Dad and granddad restored over a couple of years. I believe my granddad sold it in the late 90s. He pasted away this year and clearing out his stuff we found these photos. 

Thanks 

Jim 

Photos 1.pdf Photos 2.pdf Photo 3.pdf

• Like 1