Jeep Stolen

horrocks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am genuinely sorry to read about this theft. My Land Rover Defender 110 Hi-Cap, a ground up rebuild, was stolen a few years ago, I was really attached to it and am still angry about it. Defender theft has been a bit of an epidemic in recent years but it appears that classic cars generally are increasingly becoming a popular target for car thieves; they have limited security devices and there's a demand for parts and increasingly valuable parts at that. Practical Classics regularly report thefts on its FB page.

I wrote a story for LRO magazine in Defender theft but, in talking to various Police Forces to do so, I discovered that diggers, Harleys, quads, tractors and more are all regularly targeted. Locking your stuff up is the only answer - several Police forces recommend disc-locks for Land Rovers as they cover the whole steering wheel - they are not foolproof but are a big help. Halfords stock them.

I hope this Jeep is found and returned to its owner. John C

Been told this is a 10k reward ??

Can I have the chassis number ?

I have posted an update on my Facebook.

Hope the thieving wankers get nicked, and your jeep gets returned. :-D I know mark Shrimpton very well and have just informed him, he's not happy !

Mark.............

We received a call today from someone else who has had a Jeep stolen, from Stondon Massey, only 5 or 6 miles away, in the last few weeks.

Is there a pattern? A group of people who are stealing Jeeps to order?

If so, where are they going? Someone I know tells of a stolen Jeep that had been equipped with a tracker which emerged in Poland.

I suspect MV owners need to be more vigilant than ever.

We received a call today from someone else who has had a Jeep stolen, from Stondon Massey, only 5 or 6 miles away, in the last few weeks.

Is there a pattern? A group of people who are stealing Jeeps to order?

If so, where are they going? Someone I know tells of a stolen Jeep that had been equipped with a tracker which emerged in Poland.

I suspect MV owners need to be more vigilant than ever.

I have a feeling that these jeeps are being taken to order too, no doubt to be shipped by container to a country where they are unlikely to be recognised. Jeeps are loved worldwide and easily sold on. When I saw your post I hoped you were reporting your jeep had been found unfortunately you weren't but I hope you have good news soon :-)

• 2 weeks later...