Exporting De Activated Firearms ?

Hi Folks , is anybody aware of rules surrounding the export (from the UK) of a de activated firearm ?

Long story short , in the 90s I bought a de act Uzi when living in London , didn't think I could bring it back to NZ so gave it to a mate (with the intention of trying to get it home if possible in the future) well after a couple of attempts at getting an import permit from the NZ police I have finally succeeded . Over here De acts are considered the same as a fully working firearm so had to jump through a few hoops but perseverance paid off .

I have the paperwork sorted at my end for customs , is it ok if my mate just puts it in the post or do I have to go through a UK firearms exporter? any information would be greatly appreciated !

Seeing as nobody else has answered...

AFAIK no export permit is required as legally it is no longer a firearm. I would however double check this with HMRC first and also check what carriers will take such an item as I have a suspicion Royal Mail / Parcelforce won't.

Seeing as nobody else has answered...

AFAIK no export permit is required as legally it is no longer a firearm. I would however double check this with HMRC first and also check what carriers will take such an item as I have a suspicion Royal Mail / Parcelforce won't.

Wrong.. https://www.spire.bis.gov.uk/spire/fox/espire/LOGIN/login

Where does it say you need an export licence for deacts?

All i can find is exemptions for "Firearms certified by a registered UK Proof House as having been rendered incapable of firing any ammunition"

How many people have just been to Normandy with a deac? Surely thay must know!