Sankey 1/2 ton

Could someone please explain the procedure for rotating the hitch on my 1/2 ton sankey as I wish to tow it with my jeep.

I have removed the two long bolts, do I need to undo the very large nut at the back? Regards, Gareth.

Depending on the sankey type some eyes rotate others DO NOT it normally says on a plate on the hitch. This is why the vehicle NATO hitch can be locked or rotate to match the trailer, one MUST rotate or you can loose your vehicule and trailer! I have seen it happen several times.

I don't think your trailer hitch needs dismantled it either turns or not, try a large bar through the eye and see if it turns.

J

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 983 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by johnhughes

Thank's, yes my hitch will rotate to suit the towing vehicle,

it is currently set at it's highest position and I want to lower it to suit my jeep, is there a manual I should be looking for with this information? Regards, Gareth.

ferret1958uk

Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Default Re: Early narrow track sankey trailer

" The hitch is variable height. Where the tube for the towing eye mounts on the box there are two bolts at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions. Soak them with lots of oil and gently try to remove them. If they come out then you can rotate the hitch in that shaft and then put the bolts back in. This is the only narrow track trailer I know of that has that ability".

Have lifted this from another thread, hope nobody minds!

Have removed the mentioned bolts but still will not rotate, there is a large nut behind the mounting box, what does this nut do? do I need to slacken this nut off or is it time for heat and big stillson!!

Regards, Gareth

Ok, we have success(ish),

With the help of a 24" stilly, 4ft pipe and 16 stone on the end, in a series of jerks, we have the hitch rotated nearly 175 deg.

Only problem now is it will not go any further, the stilly has snapped and we still have a few deg to go before the bolts will go back in!! Regards, Gareth.

HI, it will only turn one way, to the left, still need to know if I need to slacken the nut behind!

Few pics of the trailer for those interested, Regards, Gareth

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

Edited by bumper