combat dealers on now chan 167 quest channel

griff66

Finding all those factory fresh armour sections is the biggest hurdle, a wreck such as that from Weald would give you many of the little bits and the running gear is sure to be available from the East. I would imagine the biggest issue would be gearbox and transmission. After so many years rebuilding his three Panthers, KW will have the best panther parts network on the planet.

Using those sections to repair the Weald's "spare" Jagd would be worthy and mean the finished article has an historical provenance that you can buy into. Creating something new out of them would, to me, simply result in just a rich man's toy (cue the debate over the new factory lightweight e-type Jags, for example). As a reminder of what the wrecks looked like, see here: http://imgur.com/gallery/uCN10

Is that the twins in the photos? At least they'd know what's ahead of them!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bergepanzer 38t? i guess there must be a lot of Hetzer parts lying around in the old workshop.

I hope they spend more time in the future on the actual nuts and bolts , I mean the picking is fun but I need to see some welding torches, lathes, and mills going.

That is because they worked at SdKfz (now Weald) Foundation previously.

Indeed, the twins also restored Mike Gibb/Weald's JP. If you see what they started with and how it looks now, I'm sure the only limiting factor in this current project would be the availiability of funds, and more important, parts. I have no doubt the twins are more than capable of handling the technical issues.

Edited by earlymb

Just a thought- first a toilet roll, second a bucket. Any bets next will be a spade ?
LOL, someone will soon take it all out into a field and use it for an authentic WW2 crap. :D

Seriously, I would also prefer to see more hands on restoration and less flashing the cash.

any place we can post feedback on the show? I really like the show but would like to see something more in-depth than a fan-belt replacement :undecided:.

Can you guys with FB accounts make some polite requests on his FB page?

The other thing that struck me is how flip they are about launching rifle grenades at that van. They don't tell you how far way they are but they're not wearing any protective clothing , helmets, etc. Isn't there a possibility of a chunk of sheet-metal flying back and taking Hoos's head off?

laughable pyro display but it makes for good telly for the masses and it's all about ratings so just take the show as a bit of fun and now and again it might have something interesting and relevant for the serious enthusiast.
well said.

I can just hear Bruce now

fan of Show: do you guys really blow things up with vintage WW2 grenades

Bruce: Oy,Don’t be a garden, we're jus Avin a bit of a Laff

:D

good show last night, anyone else watch it?

$1000. for a broken toilet that Hitler might have shat in though?:laugh:

At least there was a bit of grinding and welding to fix the 20mm AA trigger, but no further mention of the Jagdpanther or Bergenpanzer 38t

A possible reason why Jagdpanther or Berge Hetzer were not mentioned, could be that the episodes are not shown in order they were filmed or a could be a hotch-potch events? For those that had nothing better to do last night the 'Australian Hetzer' appeared in a workshop shot. Which is odd as we all now know it is now in Australia and the only one there!

Edited by Whittingham warrior

Just a thought- first a toilet roll, second a bucket. Any bets next will be a spade ?

Seriously, I would also prefer to see more hands on restoration and less flashing the cash.

OK, so I'm not psychic. How was I to know Bruce was going all mod - con.

A possible reason why Jagdpanther or Berge Hetzer were not mentioned, could be that the episodes are not shown in order they were filmed or a could be a hotch-potch events? For those that had nothing better to do last night the 'Australian Hetzer' appeared in a workshop shot. Which is odd as we all now know it is now in Australia and the only one there!
good catch, they must not be in chronological order. That's too bad, it would make more sense if they followed the proper timeline. It's probably tied to production budgets though, and those will only go up if the viewership does as well .I hope the show has a good following

OK, so I'm not psychic. How was I to know Bruce was going all mod - con.
well with KW sleeping in Herr Hitlers bed, it only stand to reason that he would need his toilet as well.

How weird though, of all the places in the world that might have a toilet from Hitlers yacht, a body shop in podunk Pennsylvania?

you must bear in mind, when watching these programes. They are made for ENTERTAINMENT Purposes!...

We ALL have some intimate knowledge of this & that. And can all nit pick at times! (I am defo in the Nit Picking Category when it comes to war films!)

I have known Bruce for Many Years, & He is just like. How he comes over in the series, a Funny & Genuine character.

DONT Believe all you see with reference to prices though!!!!....................:-X

If it were not for a series like this, a LOT us Poorer Mortals wouldn't see hardly anything. Of the amazing bit's of kit still scattered around the world. Potentially up for grabs!

I was immediately sceptical about one show that had Dave Hucklebridge in it! He sold Bruce a supposedly original Ex Whermacht Toilet roll!

I attended a Militaria Fair this Sunday, which I do once a Month. Guess what a Chap bought whilst there?.........

Yep, an EXACTLY the same Toilet roll!............One is very rare indeed, but another surfacing so quickly?

I assume very soon, the market will be awash with Whermacht Bum Fodder!...........:cheesy:

Anyone remember the 'Whermacht Thread', spools? The Alliuminium Luftwaffe Drinking cups, The SS Foot Salve in tubes, & a HOST of other fake items that appeared on the Market. & Litterally Flooded it!..............:undecided:

Excellent ENTERTAINMENT Series, But whilst watching it. Temper it with Caution/ Scepticisiem!.......:red:

Edited by ferretfixer

• 2 weeks later...

The Highlight of one of the episodes for Me. Was when Bruce was at Chatham Militaria Fair, looking at some commando Bergans.

Did you see the Chestnut coloured dog with a green coat on with regimental badges?

Well, that was MY Dog, 'General Sherman'!.......And I got to see my Right leg dressed in MTP Cammo, my claim to Fame! :cool2:

He loves this Monthly fair would you believe? Why? I hear you ask. Because he is so well known there now.

Most dealers have a few Biscuits waiting for him. When we 'Visit' each stall in turn!....:thanx:

See you there next month. But Sherman asked Me to post. 'No Autographs Please'....................:angel:

Don't care what anyone thinks. I love this , really makes my Sunday night worthwhile.
same here, really like how they travel to a part of the world to collect something and then talk about the local history there and connection to WW2. Last episode's trip to Holland was especially poignant for me as my wife's family is Dutch and her grandfather died working under slave-labor conditions for the Nazi's.

My 2 gripes about the show

1) 40 minutes is too short, takes me 30 minutes to get warmed up and then bam, it's over. a full 60 minute show would also leave more room for the technical/hands-on stuff they gloss over.

2) there's only 8 episodes :-( . I thought it was 10, which is a minimum, 12 would be ideal. Really bummed last week when it ended

The Highlight of one of the episodes for Me. Was when Bruce was at Chatham Militaria Fair, looking at some commando Bergans........And I got to see my Right leg dressed in MTP Cammo, my claim to Fame! :cool2:

your leg is famous, the rest of you now has to catch-up ;)

Has anyone 'recorded' (or whatever it is nowadays) Episode 7 when they had the airborne drop canisters and the WW2 aircraft were on ?

I would really like to get a copy in some format If someone has the means to do so.

Happy to cover any costs obviously.

Here you can find that episode online:

And with help of this webpage you can save it to your computer: http://www.tubeoffline.com/download-DailyMotion-videos.php#.Vg53EZfdNGk