Upcoming Automobilia Auction with some WW1 stuff

N.O.S.

I've been looking through the listings however some of the parts are by the shelf area. That means a bulk buy of a great numbers of similar parts when only a few are required.

Would this manner appeal to a scrap dealer and encourage them to buy?

Doug

Lets hope the scrappy doesn't get any of those lovely solid rubber tyres.

There are enough there to fit all the current restorations with new tyres and more.

There are many different sizes there. My Albion takes 720mm tyres which are impossible to find in Australia.

Regards Rick.

I don't see any scrap dealers paying Bonham's prices!

The large quantities of spares would be difficult for them to sell in any other way, given the time probably available for the sale, the quantity of stuff there and the difficulty of establishing exactly what it all is.

I can't believe the guide prices on some of that stuff though. Think I need to start putting some stuff through Bonham's...

Hi John.

Solid tyres are specified by the inside diameter of the band and the width across it. For example, the Subvention scheme specified that approved vehicles will carry 720x120mm tyres on the front and 881x120mm on the rear. American tyres are specified in inches. Not sure about FIat but I would expect them to be metric.

I understand that Dunlop stopped making them in around 1995 which is a pain. We need four 881x120 for the rear of the Thornycroft so if you turn up a stock, then please let us know! If we can't turn up any originals there are a couple of companies who will do them. B H Leake and Clifton Rubber will mould new rubber onto your old bands and then machine them to profile. On the Dennis, we had the same problem and had rears made of Polyurethane by a fork truck tyre manufacturer in Cornwall. These are a bit shiny but do the job very well and were significantly cheaper than rubber. I am also pleased to say that the shine has dulled with use so we may go that route again. Big solid rubber tyres should cost you less than £1000 each.

Solid tyres are a pain!

Steve

Mike Banfield must have found a job lot of those Old Bill mascots as they appear on most of the radiators of his ex WD commercials.

He also had a fully restored peerless he once entered in the London to Brighton many years ago, we went up to see it once, would be interesting to know what it sells for......

Lot 1235 in the catalogue!

Yes, have found it, but what is someone is prepared to pay, like everything in the world what we want to pay and what we actually pay are different , good looking though, along with FWD and PIERCE ARROW :-(:-(:-(

Yes, have found it, but what is someone is prepared to pay, like everything in the world what we want to pay and what we actually pay are different , good looking though, along with FWD and PIERCE ARROW :-(:-(:-(

Is there any consensus on the estimates?

Personally I think some are far to high, particularly when it comes to the non military trucks.

What does anyone else think. PM is neccassary, I've family who fancies one truck in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking over the results of figures paid and trying to sort out what was which amount of buyers premium. The question is to what condition is a vehicle classed as having the 15% on first 50,000, or otherwise as parts having the greater premium?

Those vehicles that appear to be complete, but not necessarily going appear to have a lower premium rate.

It was not ourselves who purchased things from down under!

Doug

Seems that the GFC and tuff times are really just a rumour!! On the other hand if people are paying such prices then such an investment should in theory end up as a value add complete restoration. Great wallpaper pics by the way. Rod