Jack

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many years ago (well 40 years) I was asked by some friends if I could collect a Dodge Command Car (or could have been a weapons carrier, I cant remember) from a garage opposite RAF Cosford, and take it to The Cleeve Hill Golf Course, where my friends were going to renovate it. Well my mate & I drove up there one Saturday on arriving found that the tyres were flat, so had to pump them up using a lead from one of the plugs on my engine, we then loaded the Dodge (dont ask how as I cant remember) onto the trailer, which turned out to be slightly too narrow for the vehicle, we eventually got it on & started on our way, we got as just past the elevated section on the M5 around Birmingham & were half way up the hill when there was a "BANG" from one of the tyres on the trailer, we un hitched the trailer & left it there, whilst we returned to Cheltenham, managed to find a tyre, & got a garage to fit it on the rim, then returned to Birmingham, hitched back up to the trailer & carried on back before dumping the heap at the Gold Course, I knew that the trailer would not be towed away as the tow ball hitch was a 1 1/2 inch & unless you had that size ball, you did not have a chance to take it. The towing vehicle was a 1950 SWB 1.6 ltr petrol engined Land-Rover, what happened to teh Dodge I have no idea, probably scrapped off. I never found out. (Photos to follow, when I have worekd out how to make them fit).

I've woken up to this. I have a WC4, WC16, WC21, WC53 and a W62....

WC53 is still in the States awaiting shipping (actually it'sbeen waiting for the WC16 top bows and new floor sections to be put in the back to save on shipping which has so far taken 18 months for fabrication)...

Only the WC 62 is on the road, the WC16 is up to restored rolling chassis, the WC4 and WC21 are awating their turn in the workshop.

Ken