Dodge WC oils etc

Forgive me if this has already been covered although I can't find anything, can anyone tell me what lubricants they use in their Dodge WC's ? Gearbox, transfer box, diffs etc. I am trying to get my new purchase ready for Normandy and don't want to put the wrong oil in the wrong place :-D Thanks guys & gals :-)

Straight 90 gear oil NOT the EP90. Easy enough to get hold of, and a US Quart is roughly the same as a litre. Engine oil I use the Halford's 20/50 classic. Valvoline also make a good 20/50. Oil filters Mann P1155 about £3 from my local factor.

Edited by Tony B

Straight 90 gear oil NOT the EP90. Easy enough to get hold of, and a US Quart is roughly the same as a litre. Engine oil I use the Halford's 20/50 classic. Valvoline also make a good 20/50. Oil filters Mann P1155 about £3 from my local factor.

Thanks that's a great help, I presume the straight 90 is used in everything ie. diffs, transfer and gearbox ? :-)

Thanks that's a great help, I presume the straight 90 is used in everything ie. diffs, transfer and gearbox ? :-)

Yes mate. Just checked manual. Capacitys are in US Quarts, roughly a litre. Transfer box 2, Difs 2 1/4 , Transmission 2 3/4

So 10 litre will do the lot and a bit left over.

You will find it a lot cheaper to buy a 25 litre drum from your local factor or stockist. I have used Morris's for many years and their technical support, if ever you need it, is second to none.

I have used Morris's for many years and their technical support, if ever you need it, is second to none.

Agree Degsy, the Morris's range is very comprehensive and I've used their products for many years in a range of military vehicles, not cheap but good and it does what it says on the can :-)

Pete

Agree Degsy, the Morris's range is very comprehensive and I've used their products for many years in a range of military vehicles, not cheap but good and it does what it says on the can :-)

Pete

For once I'm sure Degsey will agree. There was a slogan on the workshop at college 'Good oil and grease is cheaper than repairs'. :D

For once I'm sure Degsey will agree. There was a slogan on the workshop at college 'Good oil and grease is cheaper than repairs'. :D

Definitely even though the cost of oil has rocketed in the last 12 months.

• 3 weeks later...