Normandy or Bust

rampant rivet

Fantastic story Tony our WC54 has refused both attempts to get her to Normandy in the last ten years and sadly funds and work schedules have ruled out the attempt this year so good luck and safe journey to everyone completing the trip and please take lots of pictures of your pride and joys for those of us stuck back home.

Steve

Hopefully Steve my WC54 will be back there after 70 years. You all know the story, she has to get there! Problem at the moment is trailer wiring, but 5 m of 7 core and a couple of hours should cure that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you should need parts for Dodge, Jeep and GMC in Normandy then its good to know

Wildenberg MV parts in in Asnelles, near Arromanche.

Say hi to Ronny from me if you're at their trailer.:-D

Something tells me I may need them :-D

If you should need parts for Dodge, Jeep and GMC in Normandy then its good to know

Wildenberg MV parts in in Asnelles, near Arromanche.

Say hi to Ronny from me if you're at their trailer.:-D

That trailer is like Aladdins cave when you need parts.;)

Hope the trip goes well for everyone and Tony I look forward to seeing pictures of Katy on the beach, willenberg were a godsend in 2004 when we had to leave the jeep outside the campsite due to a night time candle lit parade and 'bits' were liberated. Ronny was 5 minutes walk away and saved the trip, highly recommend their treasure trove of a trailer and unusually fair prices.

Steve

Well we got there and back with no issues. Hope everyone else did. It was an awesome time, so many people there, lots of Vets, so many MVs it was must have been like 70 years ago to the locals. I will put some pictures up later. If you're on Facebook I've done some on there already (Rosie Rixon)

Well we got there and back with no issues. Hope everyone else did. It was an awesome time, so many people there, lots of Vets, so many MVs it was must have been like 70 years ago to the locals. I will put some pictures up later. If you're on Facebook I've done some on there already (Rosie Rixon)

Glad everything went well for you Rosie, in my experience you can't beat a well looked after GMC for reliability. Looking forward to seeing your photos on here.

May i on behalf of all of us that were unable to be there, thank each and every one of you that were able to go, for the wonderfull effort that you all made, it is an honour to be part of this forum and the wonderfull members of this forum. Each and every one of you have my deepest respect that you were there for these gallant men and women, i salute you as i do them, respect and thank you all.

Graham.

Just got in myself at 01:30 this morning after strike on Brittany ferries, casualty list, one squeacky fan belt, solved on arrival at site, and the paint worn off the running boards where people have been sitting on them to have pictures taken. Lots of stories some good, some bad , most hilarious! :D