jeep to Normandy

rob233

That's a fair start Rob,

I'd add the following:

spare fuel pump, carburetor float ( I had one sink in the middle of Carentan once) you will need to have spares for all your lights (French requirement) red breakdown triangle (ditto), high vis jacket/vest, roll of copper wire, roll of insulated electrical wire, length of rubber fuel pipe, bike pump (useful for blowing out blocked jets), roll of gaffer tape,

selection of split pins a few spare nuts and bolts (various sizes), short length of rad hose, tube of instant gasket, tube of plastic metal(good for plugging up leaking tanks or rads), a couple of short wood blocks for jacking, couple of electrical crocodile clips.

That sounds a lot but will all easily fit into one tool box locker.

Pete

That's a fair start Rob,

I'd add the following:

spare fuel pump, carburetor float ( I had one sink in the middle of Carentan once) you will need to have spares for all your lights (French requirement) red breakdown triangle (ditto), high vis jacket/vest, roll of copper wire, roll of insulated electrical wire, length of rubber fuel pipe, bike pump (useful for blowing out blocked jets), roll of gaffer tape,

selection of split pins a few spare nuts and bolts (various sizes), short length of rad hose, tube of instant gasket, tube of plastic metal(good for plugging up leaking tanks or rads), a couple of short wood blocks for jacking, couple of electrical crocodile clips.

That sounds a lot but will all easily fit into one tool box locker.

Pete

Hi you require more than that, by law you are now required to have a high viz jacket for every person in the vehicle, if you brake down it must be put on before leaving the vehicle, you must have your own breatherlizer kit in the vehicle. illegal not to, you must have 2 warning triangles now not one, if you were glasses then you must have a spare set in the vehicle. A replacement set of bulbs for all lights so do not get caught out the fines are WHOOOOOO.

A few years ago I was in a local Land Rover agents when a chap came in and said " I'm travelling around Europe in my Land Rover what should I take with me ? The bloke behind the counter with a dead straight face looked up from his paper and said " A Toyota". I creased up but the Landie owner was not best pleased :-D It's the sort of thing that makes British humour the best.