andy brown

Hello to everyone at the forum my name is Andy and i have signed up to the forum in the hope that it might in some way help fill in a few grey areas i have in along running research project concerning a ww2 and post ww2 operation that my father was involved in .as i said " long running" far to long.. I have spent half a life time smelling of diesel as a mechanic /engineer have worked on just about evrything that was powered by an internal combustion engine whether or not it had wheels or tracks at the age of 72 retirment is not an option and work longer hours than i did when i was 30 couldnt stop if i wanted to !! Historic armoured vehicles i have not owned , as youngster i lived next to a REME wks and seeing them was an everyday occurance ,had been in a few back then driven by my father who spent most of his life in the army . Did drive a scamell explorer for a couple of years doing heavy recovery ..pull anything ,did things with that machine you would be hung for nowdays, she and i did a lot of rescue work in the Guildford floods of the late 60s,, I suppose i am one of those who saw doing away with the starting handle was a step backwards although the v8 Pilot i owned bit me on a number of occasions along with a list of tractors i worked on in my apprentice days , I live within fume distance of the M25 in the Weybrige area of Surrey .The project i refer to is very much armoured vehicle related but at the moment is still work in progress so i am not inclined to go into detail as yet ..none of this is much of the true picture because as an agricultural engineer there is no warm workshop no tea machine and rarely a thank you for working the impossible in Siberian conditions .but that life ..

welcome on board and a great intro. be good to have your knowledge added to the pool

Thanks for the welcome Paul.. "MMMM" The knowledge might be useful if i could remember what i had done with it !!!!

Dodge M37.. Thats got a 16.9 flat top hasnt it ? still got a boxed set of pistons for one of those some where i think ,well chrysler but i think they were one and the same engine ,used to work on the dodge seven tonners cant remember the model code it had the same style cab as the ford ET6 of the 50s but with a sharper bow like front grill but that said i think that engine was a (one size fits all ) sort of thing ..anyway just me droning on... thanks again for the welcome.. Andy...

• 3 months later...