• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone point me towards a new one of these? Believed to be speedo relay

hello nick , sorry about the short reply right now , however i just joined the forum last night and your blog just jumped straight out at me . i just could'nt beleive it when i saw the old girl on here . im sorry about the information being a bit vague at the moment but i will have to think a bit to get my dates correct . if i remember correct i bought 87 et 77 off withams in 1989 - 1990 and i regestered it at carlisle DVLA where they issued me the BHH 34J number . you should of found the number painted on a black square on the near side of the front bumper under the old paint . also on the off side rear top wheel arch . im sorry that i cant write too much information on here tonight , i am just a bit busy at night's at the moment . however i would love to have a talk with you on the phone if you wish to call me . if you do wish to call me then please ring between 3.30 and 7.00 pm i will explain why when you call , also please dont use a witheld number as i dont answer them . i think you can send me a private message then i can send you my mobile number . kind regards , garry stewart .

Hello Garry

fantastic to hear from you - will PM you shortly. In the meantime here is the reg from the OSR before I needle scaled it.

It was under the yellow reg plate someone else had subsequently added after painting over your reg with green paint.

Can confirm the front one was still there under green paint too but neglected to get a close up before I took it back to metal.

Regards,

image.jpg

ok , here we go , lets see how this works out .

1, bovington mvt open weekend 1991 , great weekend , it was made better by all the rain it had put down for the week

before .

2 & 3, engine rebuild , spring 1996 , just needed rings but put in all big and small ends , liners good just needed glaze

busted .

4 , 1994 centre diff rebuild , set off to put a new oil seal in the out put drive flange but the job developed into needing

new bearings .

5 & 6 , towing diamond t 981 around 1993 , bought it to save it from going to the scrap yard , i think it was sold to an

ex john wynns fitter to use as spares for a dimond t that he was restoring .

7 , 1993 just returned from truckfest ,

8 & 9 , duram light infantry museum august 1993 , another great weekend at a good friendly show .

10 , driving a scammell explorer for my friend stuart bird , went to help stuart to check over and drive the scammell

from a private museum in aberdeen to stuarts home in shildon co duram . another great weekend , if i remember correct we spent most of the time in petrol stations collecting green shield stamps .

i hope these few words help explain the photos for you all . if you have any questions then please ask , i may be a little late to reply , but i will reply as soon as i have time . best wishes , garry .

Excellent Garry, thanks - really fills in the history for the vehicle in private ownership.

Sorry I missed your call, I was at work and haven't been able to call back until just now but you must be busy working on your truck, I'll keep trying though.

i wasn't aware Bovington did open days like that, the Mili looked very smart in your ownership and I hope it will look that way again soon

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Various spots on the cab (slightly darker green if you can zoom in) and a new panel made & sprayed that sits under the grille under & across the radiator. Handbrake now works too, bit of welding near second axle. Investigated speedo inop but still cannot trace fault so fitted a gps speedo wired to the two pin plug on the dash for now.

On the flat it happily sits at 49mph, saw 52 down a slight hill.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...