Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, cosrec said:

shit wrong paint basically

 

Bought it from a reputable supplier said NATO engine blue so assumed okay, paint from them has had no issues before, even the black paint which was on the cylinder head has gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Beware !

This Milly is for re-sale by another vendor on Milweb, shown as MOT exempt !

It is not exempt an MOT and has never had one so no extension due to Covid either.

 

Edited by Mk3iain
add a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mk3iain said:

Beware !

This Milly is for re-sale by another vendor on Milweb, shown as MOT exempt !

It is not exempt an MOT and has never had one so no extension due to Covid either.

 

Do you happen know what taxation class it was declared as Iain?  I believe locomotives are still exempt but mobile cranes are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

Do you happen know what taxation class it was declared as Iain?  I believe locomotives are still exempt but mobile cranes are not.

I don't know Mike.

Having looked into this in depth including discussions with DVSA HGV tech there is no way this is exempt an MOT. I have heard many dodgy ways folk hoped to avoid the MOT but according to DVSA unless it is STG or pre 60 not used commercially it needs an MOT. No ifs or buts.  I asked specifically when I had mine !

The MOT would have been due at next renewal of road tax (free for this) and I think I am correct also on changing ownership as the tax is cancelled.

It may be possible to make an exemption declaration and get it taxed but this would be a false declaration with all the possible consequences.

At the end of the day if it is roadworthy it should pass the MOT, if it is not roadworthy it should not be on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mk3iain said:

I don't know Mike.

Having looked into this in depth including discussions with DVSA HGV tech there is no way this is exempt an MOT. I have heard many dodgy ways folk hoped to avoid the MOT but according to DVSA unless it is STG or pre 60 not used commercially it needs an MOT. No ifs or buts.  I asked specifically when I had mine !

The MOT would have been due at next renewal of road tax (free for this) and I think I am correct also on changing ownership as the tax is cancelled.

It may be possible to make an exemption declaration and get it taxed but this would be a false declaration with all the possible consequences.

At the end of the day if it is roadworthy it should pass the MOT, if it is not roadworthy it should not be on the road.

Yes, fully agreed but in a round about way it is currently exempt as I have just noticed it is on SORN!

Many years ago I owned an Explorer which was declared as a mobile crane with minimal RFL and able to run on red diesel but I always had to have a legitimate excuse for driving it on the road such as road test, showing to a potential buyer or going to a job. I was never pulled and I doubt the average plod would have known the full implications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a definite buyer beware.  I expect the seller is unaware of the need for an MOT,  but was a recent purchase.

At least with an MOT a buyer would have a bit of confidence about the condition and that the hard to test things like brakes, wheel bearings, joints etc have been tested and found OK.

Anyway, it would all be fine until it all goes wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...if it matters at all the contact on the advert is not the chap I sold it to last year but his mate if I remember correctly. If anyone wants any further info please Inbox me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...