Beer bottles

Jolly Jeeper

I remember as a boy seeing a photo of a London Transport Routmaster bus on four china teacups, it's all to do with the distribution of weight.

I am quite willing to empty four beer bottles for anyone who wishes to try the jeep on a bottle trick at W & P. You know me, all heart. :whistle:

John.

Greater love, hath no man... :-D

I remember when I was in the Army, we told one guy that you could run over a fag packet in the scorpion and it wouldn't crush it!!! :whistle:

So .. He placed his fags on the floor and the scorpion drove over them!

Crushed to Buggery :rofl: :rofl:

I remember when I was in the Army, we told one guy that you could run over a fag packet in the scorpion and it wouldn't crush it!!! :whistle:

So .. He placed his fags on the floor and the scorpion drove over them!

Crushed to Buggery :rofl: :rofl:

Guess that got him smoking....out of his ears?!...

• 1 month later...

Yeah!!

Someone also told me it could run over your foot....and you wouldn't feel it!!! :what:

I did not put it to the test! :cofee:

I was a German Linguist and I was a member of Command Troop of a recce regiment in BAOR. The combination had its good and bad points. For instance, I might get volunteered to drive the RSM on a pre-exercise recce in a Landrover. On the hand, it gave me the opportunity to drive the RSM on pre-exercises in a Landrover.

We converted from Saracen ACVs to Sultans. Suddenly farmers started to get iffy about us parking our Panzers in their barns. "Keine Ketten in der Scheune!" No tracked vehicles in the barn.

First time I explained to Farmer Erich that the ground pressure of a CVR(T) was less than the ground pressure of a Saracen with the words "niedrige Bodendrueck" the effect was as a magic key. Open Sesame! I used it over and over and we were never again prohibited from setting up Battlegroup Headquarters in barns.

Stationed in Tidworth, we carried out our annual firing camp down the road at Lulworth Ranges. We'd leaguer up the squadron in a field as per SOP with the squadron's Field Headquarters (FHQ) in the middle, surrounded by sabre troops. Just out of procedure, not because we expected 3 Shock Army to come over the hill, you understand.

In my seven years in 15/19H I took countless photos. They were lost when my mother moved house and my brother didn't realise the significance. I have one reel of film showing military hardware left. It is from the time of our firing camp at Lulworth in 1977. I never noticed it at the time, nor three years later in BAOR when we converted to Sultan, but the picture I have of our Saracen ACV in that leaguer showed it sunk almost to its axles in the mud, whereas all the Scorpions around it were floating on top of the mud.