FWD gallery

I don't suppose you've had a chance to speak to timmysteaman to make sure he hasn't scrapped it yet?

the last time I went past there place there was another matador there. which I am led to beleave is for the cab and other bits . I don't think they will scrap it as his granddad travelled with it on the fair .

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As it arrived of the low loader it wasn't running but after abit of tinkering we got her to run and put some paint on to protect her before the restoration the mechanical side seems to be ok but no brakes yet but she is happy to be loaded and moved about we think its a very unusual truck and we like it believed to be a snow blower and it has a gmc body on her

DSCF5726.jpg

DSCF5195.jpg

Hey desertman,

nice to see your truck turning a wheel, albiet not very far. And thanks for the picture.

What have you done on it recently?

Sherminator,

I thought the placement of the pioneer tool rack on your truck was interesting, similar to a GMC.

Do you know if that was a standard placement or a one-off?

Is that an M1A1 wrecker I see lurking in the background?

Have a nice day,

Sam.

Hi Kw753 yes we have got a ward la France which we use all the time for playing and showing. Not sure about the pioneer rack on the front side of the bonnet but it has also got helper springs on the front axle we have asked a few people but nobody seems to know anything about them we looked in the parts book but there is no mention about these and the vacuum brake system has been moved up under the cab and the pto has been removed from the gearbox to fit it all in if anybody is able to identify this for us that would be much help to us when we come around to restore it

DSCF5280.jpg

DSCF5275.jpg

looking good what kind of engine has been fitted?? we have a FWD Har1 and we are thinking of putting a Cummings engine in it in the next year and a rebuild to the cab

Hi sherminater you have alot of toys mmmm yes about motor i put a 6bb1 isuzu deisel with the 5 speed gear box they are the only 2 things i have changed ,rest is fwd cheers

• 2 weeks later...

We wondered about changing the engine and gearbox complete or to use the original gearbox yes we have lots of toys but not enough time to restore them all we would like to get the fwd restored to go to Normandy next time P.S keep the good work up on your FWD cheers sherminater

Hi Kw753 it has also got helper springs on the front axle we have asked a few people but nobody seems to know anything about them we looked in the parts book but there is no mention about these and the vacuum brake system has been moved up under the cab and the pto has been removed from the gearbox to fit it all in if anybody is able to identify this for us that would be much help to us when we come around to restore it

The FWD was most likely an ex RAF airfield snow blower, the front helper springs would have been added when the truck was converted to support the weight of the large front mounted snow blower which was driven by an engine mounted in the back

Pic of FWD snow blower. https://www.flickr.com/photos/67384646@N08/6440945883

Edited by Nick Johns

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kw753 yes we have got a ward la France which we use all the time for playing and showing. Not sure about the pioneer rack on the front side of the bonnet but it has also got helper springs on the front axle we have asked a few people but nobody seems to know anything about them we looked in the parts book but there is no mention about these and the vacuum brake system has been moved up under the cab and the pto has been removed from the gearbox to fit it all in if anybody is able to identify this for us that would be much help to us when we come around to restore it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112469[/ATTACH]

I'm sure I discussed with Kevin that it had been made from a former snowblower when you bought it? That's why the sellers had fitted the GMC body to it as the original body was missing and would have been useless anyway as it was just a huge generator in a narrow box.

- MG

Edited by TooTallMike