AEC Militant AV 760 injector pump

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ian,

Have you solved this problem?

John

Hi John, sorry for not getting back earlier been very busy at work . pump rack bar is stripped inside and either spend serious money on rebuild or (preferably) find second hand one.

cheers

Ian

Ian,

We had this problem with the REME museum's AEC militant. I had to do some things that you won't find in the text books. I have got a feeling that was to remoove the delivery valve holders, and free the plungers (up and down) by a combination of rotating the camshaft and tapping the plungers down. Trying to move the rack does not work since the rack is trying to move all the seized plungers at once. The good news is that despite what I did, the engine now runs well.

Are you sure that the rack is stripped? Send me a photo and I can see what we have left in terms of pump.

e-mail is attleej@parliament.uk

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Don't know if you got anywhere with this, but you could try these people in Dumbarton:

Robert Campbell Commercials, 01389 753 362

He told me that he had recently broken a Militant, although sadly he had no bits left from it (I was looking from brake drums) but it is possible he may have kept the engine, or even have one from other trucks which they break. He has a sectioned 760 which came from the Bathgate factory in his show truck.