MT 6101

Dodge WC Unit Markings

Hi All,

I've got to the point of choosing some unit markings for the dodge wc51, I know I want to go for a US unit but further than that I'm not certain and wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Which units used wc51/2's?

One thought I had was an anti tank unit having found this picture - http://portraitsofwar.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/budtruck085small.jpg , I know thats a wc62 to tow the gun but would they have had wc51/2's as well?

Thanks

Richard

WC51 chassis were used as the base of the M55 mobile anti tank gun. A 37 mm, gun was mounted on the back. As for who used them? The German's didn't have many. :D

You really can take your pick of any unit including Army Air-force that takes your fancy. The WC51/52 fulfilled the role of light duty transport for virtually all units of the US army.

Pete

As for the roles the vehicles were used for. If it could be fitted , loaded or towed they did it.

Hi All,

I've got to the point of choosing some unit markings for the dodge wc51, I know I want to go for a US unit but further than that I'm not certain and wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Which units used wc51/2's?

One thought I had was an anti tank unit having found this picture - http://portraitsofwar.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/budtruck085small.jpg , I know thats a wc62 to tow the gun but would they have had wc51/2's as well?

Thanks

Richard

that could be a WC63..........

Thanks all,

Going with 222 I.

Probably best not to put a 37mm in the back, friends may be upset at their new seating arangement.

Richard

I tried to upload as many pictures as I could find where markings can (hopefully) be seen. Hope they're some help to you:

Dodge WC51 France 1944.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!Dodge WC51_nickname_ajaxhelperCA53K2Q7.jpg

$£@Dodge-WC51-Germany-1945-1.jpg

34 Div Dodges.jpg

967th_guard_sqdrn__credit__George_Fancsovits.jpg

Dad816AAA.jpg

Dodge WC51 ambulance 102nd.jpg

Dodge WC51 early_00002.jpg

Dodge WC51 emergency repair.jpg

Interesting photos Goran, the last but one could that be a section of Pluto pipe line that is being welded ?

Pete

Interesting photos Goran, the last but one could that be a section of Pluto pipe line that is being welded ?

Pete

It most certainly is. I have an original (period) print of that photo. It was taken in Port En Bessin. The street looks pretty much the same now as it did then.

Ken

Thanks all,

Going with 222 I.

Probably best not to put a 37mm in the back, friends may be upset at their new seating arangement.

Richard

That's a 57mm.;)