CAN any one ID this . WW1

Morris C8

7 hours ago, Morris C8 said:

some more original ww1 photos that came in the post. ww1 Benz truck and a what looks like a generator on the left on one of the photos. Trucks have K on the side and a French truck.

Keith

photo 2a007.jpg

This is almost certainly a Jeffery Quad.  The French used a number as artillery portees.  But there's no obvious roof extension on this one.

He passed away a few years ago, and nobody seems to know what is going to happen with the collection. He had a small but very nice brewery transport museum and visited with us a couple times. 

• 5 years later...
On 3/11/2014 at 6:26 PM, Richard Peskett said:

The Automobile Engineer, volume 10, 1920 pages 466 to 477 has a full report of the German vehicles bought back to Aldershot.

Richard Peskett.

Hi Richard

I am a modeler and I just stumbled across this old post. I am very interested in the Dürkopp and Büssing Artillery Tractors. I do know the pictures from the Stilltime Collection concerning those tractor sales at Aldershot. Do you own this book (The Automotive Engineer, volume 10)? And are there some pictures of the tractors within? If so, I would be very interested in buying some copies.

BTW. The Büssing M.T.W is almost done, now my focus will be on the Dürkopp 80/100hp tractors...

BssingMTW_55-vi.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 12/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, Le Prof said:

Hi @Morris C8

I'm not great with uniforms from this period, but I think the two guys in the middle are wearing French 1915 pattern sidehats.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I think they are from the us army? but could be french as well

Edited by Morris C8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Picture from Google Earth. Reims Place Royale.

I couldn't get exactly the same angle of buildings relative to the statue, so I think the statue has been moved further into the centre of the square.

image.thumb.png.693d71d4a2e11a8084dfef6aff45fd3b.png

image.thumb.png.6d5cb558633a424f5bcb358dd823ddc4.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1