Latest Acquisition - 1943 James ML

wdbikemad

1794713_10152244089724769_294216608_n.jpg

Fed up of looking for never-ending parts for my WD ML project that don't seem to exist (eg - wheels !!) I decided it was easier and cheaper to buy a complete James ML..........!

This bike is totally complete, running and needs nothing other than a re-paint in the correct SCC No.2 brown (for 1943) and a service................

Frame is ML 3401 and she dates from the end of the first ML WD contract (294/23/S.1972) and was delivered around September 1943...............she still has the original steel contract plate affixed to the tail of the rear mudguard below the tail-light.....

This particular bike is no stranger to me....I owned and restored her 21 years ago now, and she has sat in a museum since..........she's a little tired from 21 years of no-use so time for a re-furb' and using !!!

Given her to my wife as a late Valentine's day gift ! :red: Vidya's only "CC41" size (eg - "economy" !!!) so it fits her rather well, better than our larger machines.............

I have a thing for James ML's........:D

Edited by wdbikemad