Help with WELBIKE

Darren Witty

Hi,

I finally found a WELBIKE after many years of searching. Frame 2308. It is complete except for the nut that holds the handle bars together and the fuel cap.

But what is causing me problems is what holds the steering into the frame. I have looked everywhere for a photo or exploded drawing of what I need here but I haven't been able to find anything. Does any one have a photo of when they had theirs apart or a photo or list of these particular parts? I dont have any left over nuts or washes so i dont even know what they look like or what they are called to order some from WELBIKEUK.

My last photo is what I have to start with?

Thanks

Darren

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

Darren you seem to be missing the ball races and locking ring. The ring has two holes in it for a special tool to locate for tightening it up, but I used a small punch on mine. If you send that picture to Welbike UK I'm sure they'll know what parts you need.

If you google Rob Van Meel, he sells reprint manuals and parts lists (unfortunately the welbike lists are not illustrated). Also buy a copy of 'From Welbike to Corgi' Revised edition by Peter Miller. I can give you his email if you PM me. Ron

Scan-140226-0002.jpg

Darren you seem to be missing the ball races and locking ring. The ring has two holes in it for a special tool to locate for tightening it up, but I used a small punch on mine. If you send that picture to Welbike UK I'm sure they'll know what parts you need.

If you google Rob Van Meel, he sells reprint manuals and parts lists (unfortunately the welbike lists are not illustrated). Also buy a copy of 'From Welbike to Corgi' Revised edition by Peter Miller. I can give you his email if you PM me. Ron

I can second that, get in touch with Rob Van Meek, good bloke, does all the parts books and manuals. Also From Welbike To Forgo is an excellent book and reference material. Make sure you get the up to date reprint, more info added than on the earlier one's.

Good luck and plenty of pics please.

• 2 months later...