Munga restoration

munga1

Body off today. i had to brace the body to stop it falling to bits, but the chassis is in great condition, alas the steering box has had it . a lot of play in the shaft.

now i need to trawl the net for a steering rack

013.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

001.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steering parts ordered from E BAY.DE the paint colour ,, i cant read the data plates on the body. they are white with oxidization but the green paint is very dark,, if that helps anyone tell me the colour

thanks

alex

Its function is very similar to the 6-way switch on British military Landrovers, and presumably other MVs.

I dismantled mine and cleaned up the contacts, the headlights were intermittent but they are OK now.

(Dim/Flicker/Off is not peculiar to J.Lucas, it can happen to other makes as well!:cool2:)

As originally wired, all the lighting functions such as indicators, stop lights etc pass through it so they can be disabled when in 'stealth' mode.

John

hi

anyone got a spare throttle pedal and linkage, mine has vanished with rust..... floor removed not that hard it was rust holding it together. tomorrow i will try to fabricate a new one, that should be fun

alex

• 2 weeks later...
. Es ist keine Anpassung an der Bremstrommel, gibt es eine Flügelmutter an der Bremsstange, wo es durch die Handbremse Hebel Querwelle der Gabelkopfbolzen geht John [/ QUOTE] kann ich Ihnen helfen mit Ersatzteilen, Ersatzteilinformationen, Hand-Buch oder andere Informationen über die MUNGA? Was ist die Fahrgestellnummer?

• 1 month later...

hi all

still welding the body tub, but deff winning the fight. new brake pipes. brakes refurbished. most of the chassis rubbed down and painted.

so slowly very very slowly getting things done.

anyway does anyone know how many munga's are in the uk? i know there is someway to find out from the DVLA but no idea how to go about it

regards

alex

Hi Alex

good to hear your getting some more done!!! look forward to seeing some more pics!!!

I'm sure someone on here would know how to find out how many are registered with DVLA!!???... but they only have records for sorn or on the road vehicles...mine was unregistered and so to the DVLA it didn't exist !!!! until early this year!!! must still be a few more unregistered examples about sitting in farmers fields or hiding in barns!!!.... one replacement engine munga on eBay today I see.... and he also says there's a choice of two !!!!!! doesn't specify if there both F91/4 as the pics!!:undecided:

Hi Alex

good to hear your getting some more done!!! look forward to seeing some more pics!!!

I'm sure someone on here would know how to find out how many are registered with DVLA!!???... but they only have records for sorn or on the road vehicles...mine was unregistered and so to the DVLA it didn't exist !!!! until early this year!!! must still be a few more unregistered examples about sitting in farmers fields or hiding in barns!!!.... one replacement engine munga on eBay today I see.... and he also says there's a choice of two !!!!!! doesn't specify if there both F91/4 as the pics!!:undecided:

l know where theres one , and ive got it! we are in london so with yours and austro s thats 3 we know of for sure !!!

Hi ,

Is there a way to determine the number of authorized Munga vehicles in England? Who can help?

I lead an international vehicle register of all still existing DKW Munga.

I am interested in any chassis number and the current state!

Thanks in advance.

Ullrich

hi all

i did look for the engine on e bay but no luck in finding it,

anyone know how to clean up name plates on the munga, mine are all white powder coloured and scared to touch them in case i loose all the text on them

thanks

alex

Sorry Alex ... I ment " replacement engined munga " as in a munga or as it turns out munga's x 2... One is already sold .. so the seller tells me !!! Both have replacement 1.1 opel engines!!

Did anyone one here buy the first one I wonder!!????

• 1 month later...