lowfat

Stalwart FFR

A week in Stolly ownership is a LOOOOONG time...

A chance meeting .... A spanner buddy found and he brought this.......:nut:

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Well my Stalwart arrives Thursday.

Actually my 2 stalwarts arrive Thursday.

One seems fairly complete swimmer, road registered with a clansman radio installed. The other is a rusty non runner and supplied for spares.

the FFR will need commissioning as it has been LGS for several years and has a broken tracta joint as one rear station is not in line with the others.It is dry inside the load cover has worked well and starts on the button.

hope I don't regret it....

Hi there if you embrace the discipline of reversing 2 vehicle lengths after you have been driving on the road you will preserve the rest of your tracta joints and bevel gears.

You will save yourself a lot of anguish and money.

Good luck Adrian T

in all my years of my working with stollies and hearing how to stop wind up I have never heard anyone recommend this and yet it seems so perfect. On my pajero it can get very wound up, such that it will not disengage from 4 wheel drive, the only way to unwind it is to go in reverese..it must have a similar effect on the stolly, to a degree, good point indeed..

Now theres ya problem.. Broken tracta joint

attachment.php?attachmentid=88759&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1395439830

Was this engineered to fail in order to protect other internals in the driveline or wheel hub, which presumably are more expensive and difficult to make?

Edited by datadawg

Alvis must have found a easy way fitting wheel stations at the factory..

One day someone may tell or show us.

I think it was called an army maintenance depot, with mechanics and grunts by the dozen, all available at no charge to fix whatever calamity arose. No charge that is, except the truck full of cash expended by the treasury and borne by the common man. In private ownership, alas, this arrangement doesn't work!

you know you need another one Neil

I do, I do - and I'm happy to admit it!!

Sadly my driving license no longer covers me which is why I had to sell Little Maud and why I've gone for a pre-1960 Militant... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nothing has changed since the last update. Bought some spares , but cant find any stollie mojo on ebay or amazon.Any ideas?

just been offered a few parts for the stolly awaiting a price on them tracta joints included, do you still need one. may be easier just to replace the whole hub...

I bought a set of 12 tractor joints so at the moment I have probably around 15 new knuckles and 5 worn usable ones.

I believe he has more I got them off Ash collection on here. Very reasonably priced.

I have quite an inventory. Gearbox,steering rack, shock absorbers ,Bumpstops, Brake parts,Various seals and bearings Just missing the mojo.

What spares are you looking at? I have been offered new and used wheelstations but storing them is problem for me.

I really need to find reasonable under cover storage.

Edited by lowfat

well still no Stolly Mojo and my new "spanner mate" has sold his stolly. Made an action plan to move forward but Have bought a house and it comes first...

Bugger