Stalwart FFR

lowfat

Any help greatly appreciated

is the shaft damaged too, or just the hub side....I can recommend that you lower the suspension (wind the torsion bar down) to make the drive shafts level, it will come down quiet a bit as much as 2 or three inches if I remember right, this will reduce the risk of the tracta joints spinning out of the hubs and doing the damage you now find, its because they were meant to be carrying 5 tons of gear in the back not empty as most of the time they are these days...when in the extreme travel the joints are barely making contact and all it would take is one jerk of the throttle...happened to mine, all my torsion bars now lowered to let her run fairly neutral when on the road...

I would say its well broken....and I bet you could hear nothing....I am sure I heard mine break as I was driving along, mind you when the rod went through the side of the block that was a more sincere bang,...no doubting something had broken, can you believe she was still running for a bit even with a rod out the side...

this is where the oil stain is

hmm was this on the inside of the wheel...it could be from a brake hub as it sort of works its way around the hub/drum and drips into the wheel because of the wheel stations camber...there is usually a bit of a trail to it though, especially if it has been sitting, but it will show up if you pump the brakes with the wheel off...

I don't think its brakes... I'm not that lucky!

But any thoughts greatly appreciated

its a really odd place for oil....I would check out everything from oil leaks to oil dripping out of the cab, the stuff comes from the strangest of places, but if there is nothing from anywhere else than a hub is the likely cause...but you can't guarantee it at all

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been changing the oils this week. Well bevel gearboxes were ether empty or filled with yoghurt, transfer box was also yoghurty emulsified gloop ... Engine oil smelled of petrol .

hope it appreciates the effort

That reminds me of my humber one ton that was stuck in 4wd the tractor joint went of with a hell of a bang and thats when I found why it was in 4wd the rear axle was already broken!! My freinds piggy also has the same problem both axles are us due to misuse in the past .

• 1 month later...

Busy days

changed brake flexi hoses

nearly finished fluids .in the middle of the Hydraulics now cleaning the input screen filters.

intersting damage on my front plate. The filler fell out and this is what remains.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

• 4 weeks later...