Ford wot-6

chrisgrove

Hi guys

I am, I hope, about to make a model of a Ford WOT-6 Cargo. Being a little dissatisfied with the kits I have acquired, I need to build it at least partly from scratch. I have searched all my references and have resolved all the areas about which I was unsure, except one. Can anyone tell me, or preferably provide a photo or drawing, of the rear end of the chassis of the WOT-6 Cargo. There appears to be some sort of extension, roughly triangular when viewed from the top (I have a plan view of the chassis) at each side of the end of the frame, over the top of the ends of the spring mount for the tow hitch, but I cannot work out what it will look like from the rear or side, or where the frame actually ends.

Very grateful for any assistance from all you experts.

Chris

Beware if using that plan because it may not be 1/76 scale. For some reason volume 6 of the Bellona Military Vehicle Data booklets (which it's from) had its plans printed at random scales. I used to use them a lot for scratchbuilding model trucks, and guess how I know they're not scaled right? Yep, I've got a 1/65th scale truck in my collection! I wondered at the time why the Airfix wheels that I was using didn't look big enough! I never questioned the scale until the model was ready for paint.>:( In my copy the WOT6 plan is quite a bit bigger than 1/76 and I don't think they did a reprint of the booklet with them correctly scaled.

The wheelbase should be 48mm at 1/76 scale.

Thanks Ivor and Brucie

I do have Mike Conniford's drawing, and also the 1/76 replacement page that was sent out later to the correct scale. Unfortunately it does not show any detail of the rear end of the chassis frame. John Church's (RIP, recently deceased) plan shows more detail, but not of that particular bit!

Chris