What do you collect?

Rick W

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well apart from the vehicles, I have a fair collection of uniforms, webbing etc and a few deacts but I also Collect early pre war O Gauge railway track Basset lowke etc not Hornby, though I have some of that as well and have built a couple of engines / rolling stock. Only trouble is it takes up so much room :nut: need a bigger shed :nut:

100_3702.jpg

Well apart from the vehicles, I have a fair collection of uniforms, webbing etc and a few deacts but I also Collect early pre war O Gauge railway track Basset lowke etc not Hornby, though I have some of that as well and have built a couple of engines / rolling stock. Only trouble is it takes up so much room :nut: need a bigger shed :nut:

And I passed up an oppurtunity to get some of this before xmas! Will let you know in the future.

Saw a Rarden last week, think its gone now, will double check.

Thanks Rick, appreciated.

The collection about a year ago. I am in the process of adding more shelves as it's grown quite a bit in the last year. Will post picks when finnished in a few weeks.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

Thanks for that, will double check it tomorrow.

A note from the Elves who drink Safe Tea (because elfin safe tea is very important):

Do NOT use (wear, put on, or especially breathe through) ANY gas mask manufactured before 1956 (possibly later if it's not a UK or US manufactured one). All the earlier ones contain asbestos fibre in the filters (esparto grass pulp mixed with asbestos fibre to make the filter paper, etc) and this will have degraded to the point where it is shedding fibres.

The British "Service Respirator" (mask with hose and oval canister) contains crocidolite (blue asbestos)

The British "Duty Respirator" (mask with canister on the front) contains chrysotile (white asbestos), as do the civilian gas masks.

The green "Contex" filter fixed to the front of the civilian respirators (to protect against Arsine (Arsenic Hydride)) also contains blue asbestos.

Later filters with red and green bands may also contain blue asbestos.

(The Arsine filters were the result of confusion on both sides during WW2: the Germans captured some British gas detector kits which included test papers for the presence of Arsine (because British scientists thought it was possible the Germans might have/use it); the Germans concluded that the test papers meant the British had stockpiles of it and issued instructions and test kits of their own; news of this reached the British, confirming their suspicions and upgraded filters were promptly produced to meet the (nonexistent) threat. Arsine, though rather toxic, is not a very effective poison gas for military purposes.)

Chris.

Old amusement machines built 1975-85 - neglected wrecks are my personal favourite as half the fun, having found them rotting somewhere and rescued them, is the challenge of bringing them back to life :-\

DSC02145.JPG

A heads up of anything related, even if it's just a piece of glass, would be much appreciated Rick.

old amusement machines built 1975-85 - neglected wrecks are my personal favourite as half the fun, having found them rotting somewhere and rescued them, is the challenge of bringing them back to life :-\

[attach=config]87082[/attach]

a heads up of anything related, even if it's just a piece of glass, would be much appreciated rick.

i also collect old amusement machines, but 50 s and 60s also jukeboxes and pinballs.....a great shame last year i put all my late stuff. Glass fronts parts etc on ebay for a pittance so that someone would make use of them, would rather given them to you if only i had known !! Oh well thats life !!

i also collect old amusement machines, but 50 s and 60s also jukeboxes and pinballs.....a great shame last year i put all my late stuff. Glass fronts parts etc on ebay for a pittance so that someone would make use of them, would rather given them to you if only i had known !! Oh well thats life !!

Cheers Munga :) (at least you didn't throw them away eh - no doubt you'll have heard operators tell of filling skips with old stuff - one mentioned he threw a load of JPM Sys80 PCBs on a bonfire - JPM System80 games were among my favourites as a kid)

Sounds like an interesting collection - whereabouts are you?

Eh? Well that stuff there Rick. 8.5 kg of manuals & two vehicles.

Yes! ... And the rest ...... I can vouch for the growing collection, albeit only seen a small selection of fascinating items ... :wow::wow::wow::readbook::readbook::whistle::whistle:

The question should be.... What don't you collect in connection with the RUC ...

Hehe ;)

Waterbottle looks very Austrian but missing drinking cup

Interesting stuff

Collecting Austrian vehicles not necessarily military ones as there are no Austria in WW II and WW I are very rare.

Motorfahrer

Edited by motorfahrer