Mystery Object No. 20

fv1609

Now this one is rather different. The picture below is from a manual on some kit used by the British Army. The difficulty is that the object is missing!

I haven't doctored the picture other than not showing it all. So what is the man up to?

2drum002.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

taking a dog for a walk?

Yes it does look like that. But appearances can be deceptive, you could be mistaken for thinking this man has no hair, no clothes & has a limp right hand or even a hook.

completly wild guess but running out a ariel wire towards a radio mast

No, but it certainly does look like that. You are both right there is something like that in his left hand. There aren't many clues here, but think about the environment this man is in.

:-D :-D :-D Yes very good. No it's not actually a dog he's pulling. I don't think I like the walk of this man & the hand posture, but what the h*ll I'm rather old fashoined.

Anyway here is a fuller picture of our friendly chap the mystery object has been removed.

drum001b.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

He's wrapped some Det Cord around a telegraph pole and is now running out fuze wire to take around the corner to detonate it in safety?

ps before I saw the fuller picture I was going to guess that he was a Sergeant Major out measuring the length of a parade march with his pace stick. Apparently the Guards GSM does this early in the morning in London when planning Trooping The Colour.

Ummh, getting warm, does this help?

Dscf3138.jpg

Dunno...

BUT, That's the reason Captain Hook wound up in hospital when he wiped his bum with the wrong hand... :whistle:

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

A number of years ago this walk was 'in' with the Guards if my memory is correct :whistle: :whistle:

The block etc on the post tree etc, is this a manual on recovery/winching,

Definately not wenching with that walk :roll: :schocked:

What a strange world.

Or is this the John Inman book of rope tricks :?

Hardyferret :-D

Dunno...

BUT, That's the reason Captain Hook wound up in hospital when he wiped his bum with the wrong hand... :whistle:

Just as well he didn't have an itch at the front :shake:

Dscf3137.jpg

This is another component of the kit issued to man having a stroll.

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

A number of years ago this walk was 'in' with the Guards if my memory is correct :whistle: :whistle:

The block etc on the post tree etc, is this a manual on recovery/winching,

Definately not wenching with that walk :roll: :schocked:

What a strange world.

Or is this the John Inman book of rope tricks :?

Hardyferret :-D

Ooh you are awful :banana: