Stoneleigh February 2nd 2014

Who is making the trip to Stoneleigh this year from all accounts even more traders than before

are attending so hopefully more like the Stoneleighs of old

Commander

Me I'm going this time. I would like Stoneleigh to be how it was in the past but I can't see that happening.

Edited by ferrettkitt
poor sentence construction

Im going for a burger, a pint and a catch up with familiar faces!

See you there...

Timbo

Now that is my kind of man b**ger the expense I will eat and drink but please don't eat and drink to much

or you will not have any money left for goodies lol

Commander

Now that is my kind of man b**ger the expense I will eat and drink but please don't eat and drink to much

or you will not have any money left for goodies lol

Commander

Listen mate the way I have been collecting 'essential' spares of late that is pushing the boat out :D

What is Stoneleigh like in terms of availability of AFV spares rather than Jeeps or Land Rovers etc.?

Andy

I've found next to nothing in the last 5 years or so, but like Tim I go to catch up with people I've not seen for a while.

Nothing there for me over the last few years, just an opportunity to catch up with friends and have a chat. Its ok if you are interested in guns and dressing up in 40s gear and uniform. Went last year to specifically buy a Sterling for my CET but absolutely no one had one for sale.

I've found next to nothing in the last 5 years or so, but like Tim I go to catch up with people I've not seen for a while.

Thanks Chris - In that case I'll stick to Plan A and spend the weekend working on the Abbot instead!

Andy

just to put in into context, its not just the militaria events that are suffering from a lack of Military vehicle parts.

three years ago went to Beighleigh auto jumble. collected lots of Dingo & DAC parts, carbs, new distrubutors, enngine parts, cess kit, etc. (the dealers on a whole did not know what it was off)

went back this year. Spent all day rumaging around and found very very little indeed.

Iether the dealers didnt bring what they had, or i had cleared out what they had three years ago.

Sadly finding stuff is only going to get harder for all Historic Military Vehicles.:(

I will be there, if only to gauge prices of kit as well as laugh at some prices ! I always end up chatting to all my friends and contacts as I wander round, Normally get a few deals done at the same time. Always worth the trip even if I don't buy a thing .

Nothing there for me over the last few years, just an opportunity to catch up with friends and have a chat. Its ok if you are interested in guns and dressing up in 40s gear and uniform. Went last year to specifically buy a Sterling for my CET but absolutely no one had one for sale.

Are you still looking for a Sterling as I know of one for sale.

Hi all,

I'll be there again, a mate has a stall, and I'll bring some goodies too!

Is there anyone from Northampton or near there, who could pick something up from there, and bring to Stoneleigh?? only a small bit, but the people don't want to post!

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

Hi all,

I'll be there again, a mate has a stall, and I'll bring some goodies too!

Is there anyone from Northampton or near there, who could pick something up from there, and bring to Stoneleigh?? only a small bit, but the people don't want to post!

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

just talking to a mate who asked me to look out for james ml 125 parts,particularly a back wheel or just a hub,dont suppose you have anything,a set of handlebars would be nice too