For the REME/RAEME Guys

fesm_ndt

When I saw this video I thought about all the jokes we would play on the new guys especially when sending them to the store to ask for:

- A long weight or short weight (depending upon your mood)

- A box of sparks

- A left handed screwdriver

- A pedder file

- A tin of striped paint

On my first posting in Germany straight from JLLRA I was once sent to the Battery office to collect train tickets for a rail movement of all our vehicles on exercise; seemed a reasonable request..................

Not quite the same thing but we had a pack of small sized reverse rotation fluted drill bits. There was a particular job that required that size hole. The newest sprog was given the job and the drill, we would let them try sharpening it twice before going to the drill press, starting it in reverse (they never notice) and drilling a hole! Simple things.....:D

When I was with Tank Regiment LAD Fitter sections as ECE I used to send the young gunners to the SQMS for packets of assorted Elipse`s for the laser range finder sights! The computer produced the elipse around the target with size proportional to range. So lots were needed..lol In either amber for night or green!