David Anderson

anderson

Hello All, Can anyone help in identifying any information in this picture? I know it was taken around 1947 when my uncle was in Palestine, but not sure if its was over there. What type of bike is this and does anyone know what the shield might be. Very grateful for any information anyone can provide. Thanks AndrewDavid Anderson.jpg

Thanks Jan and Richard, he was in REME and believe it was Workshop 47. Was always interested in motorcycles after the war and used to do scrambling so that would figure that it may have been a competition. Can you tell from the photo where it was likely to have been taken? Andrew

Thanks Jan and Richard, he was in REME and believe it was Workshop 47. Was always interested in motorcycles after the war and used to do scrambling so that would figure that it may have been a competition. Can you tell from the photo where it was likely to have been taken? Andrew

Hi David,

You said Palestine, that figure as it looks like 1st Infantry Division signs on the bikes (white triangle) and on the Canadian Dodge in background. The 47 signs look like they could be Royal Artillery, red over blue.

I have seen photos of dirt track racing at camps in Egypt after the war.