Falklands trip: Recommended books please

I have an opportunity to visit the Falklands in February.

Would stay in Stanley, Goose Green (and on couple of the smaller outlying islands for the wildlife rather than military history).

There are dozens of books on the conflict, but can anyone here give me a some recommendations please.

Thanks in advance

Edited by cordenj

Both of these are good

Sink the Belgrano

On the evening of 30 March, 1982, Commander David Hall, chief engineer of the British nuclear submarine HMS Conqueror received a telephone call giving him the order to 'store for war'. At first he didn't believe it. In the early hours of 2 April, Argentine forces invaded the Falkland Isles.

One Hundred Days: The Memoirs of the Falklands Battle Group Commander

On 2 April 1982 Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands. The British response was swift, some said foolhardy. The mission of the Battle Group under the command of Rear Admiral Sandy Woodward presented a challenge that seemed all but insurmountable, and it was to require men of the highest calibre, professionalism and fortitude to carry it off. It also required exceptional leadership. On that day Admiral Woodward was on Fleet exercises in the Mediterranean; a tentative desire for action expressed in his diary was ironically fulfilled as he was thrown into an experience he could never have wished for, would never repeat, and certainly will not forget. From leaving Gibraltar to his return to Brize Norton,

One of the best books I've come across is 'The Falklands War - Then and Now' published by After the Battle magazine. This book is terrific it takes you through the campaign using photographs of the sites as they were in 1982 and as they are now. The whole thing is very well researched. Can't recommend it highly enough!! Don't let the price put you off at £47.95 it's not cheap but is worth every penny for the content and quality of presentation.:):)

One of the best books I've come across is 'The Falklands War - Then and Now' published by After the Battle magazine. This book is terrific it takes you through the campaign using photographs of the sites as they were in 1982 and as they are now. The whole thing is very well researched. Can't recommend it highly enough!! Don't let the price put you off at £47.95 it's not cheap but is worth every penny for the content and quality of presentation.:):)

Yes I've few of the other "Then and Now" series, so will look out for a copy. Thanks

The most comprehensive I've read so far is 'The Battle for the Falklands' by Max Hastings and Simon Jenkins. My favourite one is 'Doctor for Friend and Foe' by Rick Jolly. I did like 'Harry Benson's 'Scram!', but that's almost exclusively about helicopter operations.

By the way - how did you manage to get that trip sorted? Visiting Ajax Bay is on my 'to do' list.

Greetings

Eryk

not sure about books but when u land you get a brief about land mines and anti personnel weapons used to be quite informative first time you heard it!, visit towns pubs globe upland goose etc, loads as you can imagine photo ops oh and dont call the locals bennies!:cool2:

By the way - how did you manage to get that trip sorted? Visiting Ajax Bay is on my 'to do' list.

Greetings

Eryk

Visiting the Islands as part of a 2 week wildlife trip that includes Chilean Andes and Patagonia. That said, the organisers recognise the important connections to the conflict, hence stay at Goose Green and visit to the military cemeteries.