Hello from the Hebrides

Keym262

Hello all,my name is Graham and,having just got re-connected to the interweb,am renewing my interest in miltary vehicles.

I was brought up in an army family and as a boy I fell in love with Bedford RLs(sad I know) so I'm sort of looking into the feasibility of becoming a proud owner one day.

I've owned civilian series Landys before but always hankered after something a bit bigger/better/even worse on fuel:-(.

Anyway,I hope you won't mind me lurking around the truck sections hoovering up info and one day my insane dream may come true.

Welcome to the HMVF Graham, I have many happy memories of my time on Benbecula with the Army in the late 70's to mid 80's. Great place, always dreamed of retiring there one day :)

thanks for the welcome all,and arcot1751,I bet you don't miss the wind :laugh:.The range is still up here of course but like many things these days a lot of it is privatised.

Once again thanks for the welcomes.

I tend to forget that so many servicemen have served here over the years,you get used to people saying "where?".

And just to prove it's a small world I have to say to Ivor that the Manx museum,and particularly the Morris,is a great little place.Stumbled across it a couple of years ago while enroute to the Billown circuit.A very enjoyable couple of hours indeed.