Snatch newbie questions

DefV8

hi all,

extremely new to owning a snatch (first mil vehicle) and trying to slowly work through exactly all the bits etc so have a few inital questions if anyone can please help?

1. the rear bumperettes have two moulded holes running horizontally on the inside support basically facing each other. I've not seen any photos on the net for any possible use for these. Any ideas what they are?

2. On the right hand side three switch control above there is a seperate switch which i believe is for aux wiring. If so where should i look to see the cable or socket for this?

3. The right hand side heater controls has a red perspex piece of plastic that basically slides down and locks the direction and heater arm controls. Is this for any particual reason?

4. My snatch has the barracuda camo system apart from the front windscreen which i think is rare to find these days? My plan is to have a trimmer friend make one if i can source some extra barracuda. I can see the front screen grill has loops to secure it to at the bottom but i cannot see where on the top of the screen or grill that is fixes to. Any ideas / close up pics? If anyone have one of these panels for the front screen i would really appreacite any photos ideally rolled out if possible (pm is fine) so that i can pass onto my trimmer to make.

sorry for question overload just an exicted dirty snatch owner lol

cheers

Rick

attached is a photo of the windscreen cam net i would like more info and ideally some better close up pictures if anyone can help.

in the other pic you can see the red perspex item i was asking about.

Between that and the three swtiches is another one kinda hidden unless you zoom it. This is i "believe" the aux switch that i would like to discover what its for and where to find what it powers please.

I'll post some pics of the bumperettes at the weekend hopefully.

thanks

Rick

front camo net.jpg

switches.jpg

Yay another fellow Snatch owner.

Welcome to HMVF and Snatch ownership both great things.

1. no idea on the bumperrte question, maybe there for securing large antenta masts when static.

2. not sure what the switch is for, mine just goes into the loom and ive not tracked it yet

3 possibly to stop the heater being used at all when in hot climates

4 i am due to pic up a windscreen camo at northen expo on 4th november, I can get measurements and pics for you.

you can get history for you Snatch for free by making a FOI to the MOD.

Lastly try joining the The Land Rover Snatch Club on facebook, as they have lots of files/manuals and pics on there and much more knowledgeable people than me on there who are happy to help wit questions and other things Snatch and non Snatch related. you might need an invite but just PM me and i will send you one.

Ps Any pics or history of you Snatch

Hope this helps

Tyler

Thanks guys for answers so far and makes sense over the red switch thing.

Any info on the camo net would be great thanks Tyler and thanks for info on fb group.

Ill have to join fb and drop you a pm. I've requested history and have a few pics but no history as yet.

The windshield has a dust cover/sun protector, same as the doors these were put on to protect the armoured glass from the sun and heat. I think the modern wolf snow covers are the same but with no camo. I will check with a few friends on that. The red bracket is for the the defroster and floor air. It was put on so that only the defroster with hot air would blow, since the vehicles had AC in the back. I don't know if the floor or internal vents tubes were taken off I can't remember.

Hello Tyler

The http://www.northernmilitaryexpo.co.uk is on Sunday the 3rd of November. There are some pictures of Pauls Snatch on our web site http://www.callsignalpha.co.uk'>http://www.callsignalpha.co.uk now its been returned to green !

I will be with Paul and I have just spent a week rewiring the lights - I used about 150 lucas bullets and connectors the desert had really corroded the connections underneath really bad

At least the lights are nice and bright now

Next job is to sort the antennas to soemthing like and have a look at the air con

all the best

Nick

http://www.callsignalpha.co.uk

Nickffr that possibly sounds like the Paul I am collecting the camo from, as he has just returned his back to NI spec

Defv8 Ive heard good things of the expo, site says 200+ stalls, from bullets to vehicles for sale, i remember when it was about 20 stalls, although ive not been up recently, and an added bonus is the air museum is right next door to make the day more worth while.

• 2 weeks later...

Donk/matt, do you mean the h frame or the panel that the H frame mounts to or both?

I can get you pics and measurements of any along with the wire cutter if you need them, I do know a trader at War and peace revival had a bundel of wire cutters for sale, also the wire cutters vaired dependent on weather its NI or Iraq or afgan spec that you want to represent.

DSC00326_zps4f4e64c5.jpg

No prob Matt, I'll be removing the camo anyway to fix a leak on the roof, I already have the wire cutter measurements and pics from mine as I measured it for someone else, in the meantime it might be worth joining the Facebook group and seeing if any members on there have any of the items you need. from memory it was mattblack aka Colin who saw the wire cutters for sale at W&PR so he might remember the trades name.

I noticed in one of your other posts your after the camo, I might be able to help with that also.

I'll post pics and measurements shortly.

The facebook group is not viewable or searchable unfortunately, so you need an invite and approval by an admin, If you pm me you email address i can invite you to the group, and then hopefully an admin will accept.

mine has most of its camo, but I am due to pick up a complete set of camo this weekend and i will use parts of that to complete mine, so I will have some spare camo parts

mine when I first got it

DSC00321_zpsdeb50d5c.jpg

current state.

DSC00498_zps013abfb5.jpg

I am in the process of getting the 3 radio systems re installed and working ready for next years season so once thats done and the camo parts fitted along with the last of the 10 antennas and the spotlight braket being made and fitted. it will be compleate bar the gps system and replica ecm equipment

The finished snatch.jpg This is mine Yours looks fantastic!! I would really like to get those snorkel like tubes on the top too ( sorry I don't know what they are>>>>>) my email is matt@highlandwolf.co.uk or info@doctordenture.com I would really like to replace all the visible parts for mine so anything you see that its missing can you let me know I would really appreciate it cheers Matt

IMG-20130929-00462.jpg

Matt there is a chap on the Facebook Snatch group who has at least one part of the H frame available.

The tubes on the roof of my Snatch are antennas, some are genuine and rest are replica's made out of various tubes,

I will get you the measurements and pics of them for you along with the other items I mentioned before.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the chap I brought one of my antennas from, if you look at the antennas in the background those are the type you need. I have attached a picture of the antennas that the seller sent me and the type you need. He may still have one left his email is SCLARKFISHER@aol.com

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221317267078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Here are the details measurements and some links to source some bits for them

short stubby antennas:

1x 70mm odia by 300mm long, paint light stone and the lower 30mm in satin/matt black

and

1x 70mm odia by 245mm long, paint light stone and the lower 60mm in satin/matt black

2x 70mm dia by 38mm long black rubber cap, i used scotch bright to dull the surface to a matt/satin finish

http://www.componentforce.co.uk/category/5/round-plastic-cap-50-100mm

antenna with rubber gaiter:

1x 590mm long by 50mm odia

1x 50mm dia by 50mm long black rubber cap, i used scotch bright to dull the surface to a matt/satin finish

http://www.componentforce.co.uk/category/4/round-plastic-cap-25-50mm

1x 50-60mm trailer coupling bellows:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Fitting-Coupling-Gaiter-Bellows-/190874124215?pt=UK_Trailers_Transporters_Parts&hash=item2c70fbffb7

24e195ea-6ae8-4dc0-a988-78212a1d38dd_zpsd1e7d1ab.jpg

Edited by tyler

• 9 months later...