new toy just love it

jonny loot

thought you guys may want a look at the new toy , fresh in from the US after spending it`s working life on whiteman air base from new ,after retirement it was sold to leeton fire department and after a couple of owners came to me

chevrolet 1.5 ton 1943 buffalo fire truck

6000 miles on the clock

this is a class 500 and pumps 500 gallons a minute so shifts some water (that is when i recon the pump )

i`m leaving it as it is with regard to the paint , brakes are now done , electrics all working now

and she runs sweet ,

not hitting the road till next year ,

1943 chevy fire truck.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you already discovered the hood-number? All US Army Fire Trucks hood-numbers start with 50 and then followed by 4 more digits. Jim Davis (through me) could provide all further (DoD) info on this truck.

It is a lovely beast.............

3 Years ago a same type of firetruck was imported into Holland, being a GMC though........

Any plans to restore to original O.D. painting?

Towbarlover (Owner of Chevrolet 4X4 Class 325 Fire Truck - see article in Classic Military Vehicles)

thanks for the interest Towbarlover , it still has the hood number on and i know quite a lot of the history , been on the same base from it`s delivery date july 1943, there are two trucks in the states of the same make and type with very close numbers

i plan to leave it in the original paint for the time been ,it would be a shame to paint such an original vehicle

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the interest Towbarlover , it still has the hood number on and i know quite a lot of the history , been on the same base from it`s delivery date july 1943, there are two trucks in the states of the same make and type with very close numbers

i plan to leave it in the original paint for the time been ,it would be a shame to paint such an original vehicle

Fully agree basically; GMC in Holland is in samo sort of old brown / red colour too........

Towbarlover

• 2 weeks later...