Sankey 1 Ton Trailer FV2401/A.

• 2 years later...
Hi Looking at a Sankey 1 Ton Trailer FV2401/A. Looks a good trailer, Here's the question, What rims if any do they share with? For a spare wheel, its not gong to be towed by a British vehicle.

Tyre size at mo are, 9.00x20 Tyres Fitted.

Thanks in advance

Hi Pete,

Did you get this trailer ? I recently purchased a generator from near Glastonbury and with it came a 2401/A trailer ( that i have only just identified as such having cleaned the name plate)... Reg 64BK85

did you find out any more about these trailers ?

It's in pretty poor condition, with 9 x 20 tyres... - the wheels are 8 stud on what seems to be 10 1/2 PCD (EB wheels ( dunlop aluminium split rims?) are 8 stud on what looks like 10 3/4" PCD - as such i don't think they would be interchangeable)

One day it may be restored and towed behind my Eager Beaver ... Whilst it's not technically correct for the EB it's a better fit that the ( 8' wide) 1 3/4 tonne one that came with the Eager Beaver and sticks out over a foot each side !

Mine has a wooden flat bed - with metal strips holding the planks down - do you know where one can get these strips ?

The mudguards have flat tops to them ( to stand on ??) however have also rusted quite badly,,

Sankey 1 Ton 2 wheel.jpg

As usual i'd be pleased to hear real use cases for these trailers!

Dave