Handlebar attachment

Willyslancs

Not that daft, the idea did work, though maybe not practical.

Like the Indian Motorcycles left hand twist grip so that a police officer could use his hand gun whilst in hot pursuit.........Have you ever ridden an Indian?? Ron

I rather fancy a 1938 Norton twin-port with a 'cows-udder' each side....maybe even to Trials specification with the high level pipes. Four tail pipes....Nice ! It's a puzzle to me where those Model 18s came from and why they had 1938 silencers. There is no record of a military delivery of Model 18s during 1938 and I can't imagine a Guards battalion taking on two year old 'impressed' bikes in late 1940. There is also anecdotal evidence to suggest that Nortons dropped those silencers during 1938 as customers kept asking for the earlier type.

I'm not sure where this picture came from but the gun rest looks more like a unit-level modification. It looks to be a Norton (1940 pattern separate Doherty levers and centrally mounted non-illuminated Jaeger speedo). It has the WD spec rubber johnny on the twistgrip so probably a 16H.

DSCN3248_zps5bbe7422.jpg

"I rather fancy a 1938 Norton twin-port with a 'cows-udder' each side....maybe even to Trials specification with the high level pipes. Four tail pipes"

Well Horror might beat you to it! He already bought frame, wheels and a good part of a 16H from me and he has a model 18 engine. I'll see if I can persuade him to add a Tommy gun??

Ron