Blackout light covers

ww2rupert

Hello

I wonder if anyone can tell me how much these blackout light covers normally sell for?

I want 2 for my Austin and might have the chance of buying some, but have been told they are about £150:shocked: dont know if thats each or a pair, didnt have the guts to ask:nut:

Just wondered if anyone on here has a pair for sale or know the correct price to pay, and please dont say "it depends on how desperate you are for them"!

Regards

ColinLucy 2 001.jpg

I would have thought £150 about the correct price for a pair, a friend of mine struggled like mad to find a pair for his Bedford MW, (the thread is on this website) He eventually got a pair and that's the thing, a lot more people want them that there are stocks available. I don't think you're being ripped off at £150 a pair.

Those with the flap are very late war, introduced as the blackout restrictions were gradually eased. It's probably harder to find a matched pair of those.

You've just missed Beaulieu jumble which is probably the best place for this sort of thing..Plenty of shed clearouts and not too many MV buyers.

Odd WD type blackout masks were available there for £10 - £20 but again an exact matched pair in all the details might be harder to put together. Rim fixings can differ but can be modified.

Hi Colin,

As with everything else it seems nowadays these covers are becoming extremely hard to find. I had to wait a long time for mine and ended up paying quite a bit more then the pair you have been offered. Remember, both Lucas and Butler made British vehicle lights and BO covers and there not interchangable, which reduces your chances even further if you trying to find the correct ones for existing light fittings. The later ones are much more pratical as they can still be used when it gets dark by raising the flap. Otherwise you need to carry around a spare set of standard lenses or only drive during the day!! They really do improve the look of your vehicle though i think.

tdeg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or if you will use the black outs, wou will finished as I with my R-E WDCO. :D I have ride at 11PM and stoped over few meters. Gold price for me was flash lamp with tape in pannier. For the rest of journey was fixed on the handlebars.

Back to your question, the price start from 20GPB for each. But you have to wait for right time! :)

Radek is exactly right though. This is the sort of price that you see them for at Beaulieu...although not generally intact adjustable masks (which are only correct for very late on). Some will be civilian types with the Lucas badge on but it can be removed.

The best option is to opt for 1940. Black manilla masks cost me 10p to 20p to make !