post war sales catalogues

wally dugan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

I recently joined in the hope of finding more information out about the history of my Series 1 land rover.

through my research we think it may have been sold at ruddington. I see this thread is all about the sales at ruddington

the land rover RGX654 chassis number 111700948 belonged to the Ministry of supply and was we believe a fire tender at Royal Navy armament depot Dalbeattie in Scotland, this site closed in 1960 and I think the land rover may have been sold possibly in 1964 as this is the date the DVLA have the earliest record of.

do you have any sales catalogues for 1964 for sales at ruddington that may have the details of the sale of RGX654?

if so I would be interested in any info if it would be possible to check ?

thank you

S

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay in replying l have gone through all that l have including establishment list while l found a number of Landrover quarter ton fire tenders registered RXG none was yours

REGARDS WALLY

Thanks for your help and time

The time between 1956 and 1971 for this vehicle is being very hard to find

I have its whereabouts since 1971.

Hopefully I will get there at somepoint

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HERE are two pages with both styles of the RN numbers as to the other registration numbers some like BT

the most of these details are contain in the establishment documents which take between 4 1/2 to 5 hours to go through

THE ones you are interested in are after 1950 most request l get are for vehicle details between 1945 - 1949 though l

do get requests for things like jeep numbers go through the post 1950 sales

lately l have been thinking of stopping not be cause lack of interest as l know that the last post has had over 700 views

up to now

bigs 1.jpg

Thank you very much! That is very interesting. I'm looking for post 1948 renumberd vehicles too, like the R series(RA-RH), Y series(YA-YZ), X series(XA-X?) and Z series(ZA-Z?). I'm grateful for every page I can get.

Hello Big_S

These were at a Ministry of Supply sale at Elstow in April 1950, are they the sort of thing you are after?

Dusty

Elstow Military April 1950.doc

Thank you very much! That is very interesting. I'm looking for post 1948 renumberd vehicles too, like the R series(RA-RH), Y series(YA-YZ), X series(XA-X?) and Z series(ZA-Z?). I'm grateful for every page I can get.