The Gama Goat was a six-wheel-drive semi-amphibious off road vehicleoriginally developed for use by the US Military in the Vietnam War. The 'Goat used an articulated chassis, so that from distance it appears to be a four-wheel drive vehicle pulling a two-wheel trailer, but it is a single six-wheel vehicle with a four wheel steering arrangement with the front and rear wheels turning in opposite directions. It was famous for its ability to travel over exceptionally rough and muddy terrain.

The vehicle's nickname came from two sources; "Gama" from the name of the inventor of its powered articulated joint, Roger Gamount, and "Goat" for its mountain goat-like off-road ability. Its military designation was M561, 6×6 tactical 1-1/4-ton truck.

Something went wrong...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CVRT Spartan FV103 at Tanks Trucks & Firepower - Great Slow Motion Sequences

Very Cool Crew !!

48AT85

Something went wrong...

Thanks for posting this PD much appreciated...

Two things strike me about this clip. First I have been trying hard to improve my driving this year ie not revving the bejaysus off it and it certainly sounds better than my previous attempts, and second I really do have to get the missus to knit me a cushion - the seat was already on max height setting!!!

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for posting this PD much appreciated...

Two things strike me about this clip. First I have been trying hard to improve my driving this year ie not revving the bejaysus off it and it certainly sounds better than my previous attempts, and second I really do have to get the missus to knit me a cushion - the seat was already on max height setting!!!

Cheers

Tim

Tim... its a pleasure. You put on a really good show !!

Spartan looks and sounds well Tim... Especially the front track guards! I have the same problem with the seat!

Chris

Cheers Chris

Your track guards are peachy, a perfect copy - bolted straight on!

I still bear the scars of fitting that engine last year - starting at 10am Sunday and finishing at 3am Monday, and then going to work! However it does seem to go well. Things were a bit more organised when I did the Sabre...

Cheers

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After 4 years of being on the committee for the Tanks Trucks and Firepower Show I have through pressure of too many things, work...etc decided to retire from the show organisation/running. I am proud to have been involved in the setting up of the show in 2010 with Andrew, Mick and Co. I am sure it will continue to grow in the coming years.

Phil Palmer.