Military Odyssey 2013

Hi all.

Is anyone from here attending this year?

I have spoken with James (the new organiser) and he is very pro-military vehicles unlike the previous organisers.

He would like to get more MV's to attend the show (static display and living history).

I have always ignored this show due to the attitude of the previous organiser but it is refreshing to see a change of direction in regard to vehicles attending.

I am taking the Chieftain ARRV and Ward Lafrance M1A1 and James is more than happy to have more attending.

If you're doing nothing this weekend, give the new organiser a chance as with the right attitude to our pride and joys, this really could be a good and interesting show.

Markheliops

Went for the first time this year - it was a good show and I had a great time despite a wrenched knee that by Sunday was limiting movements.... Even with the rain on Friday night/all day Saturday!!!! :D:D

Gave the crowds a good laugh as one side of the roads were 1970's Russians whilst on the other were American Civil War officers - talk about a contrast!! The crowds seemed interested by the variations in radio sets compared to the British and American sets displayed elsewhere - also the weapons and the UAZ with the maxim mounted on it. a We did have quite a few talk to us about their time as conscripts with the Soviet army. Very interesting to hear what they had to say :-) And - as a collective ego boost - no remarks on what we had got wrong.... :D:D

We only found out about the new policy on vehicles when we got there so the group are in discussions about funding the OT's attendance next year - hopefully no one will try nicking that!!!

Rolling Thunder came back after a break of 5 years, you can still see the damage the old owner has done to the show but James and Roger are really trying hard in getting it back on track. We all had a great time and will be back in 2014. There was no problems or hassle except for the English weather on Saturday. All the staff were great and very helpful, spoke to other groups and they are of the same opinion that the show is getting back on track but needs support from any groups that have stopped going, please give it a second chance.