little corgi bike just obtained

Locolines

Just got this bike and no nothing about it. Any info greatly received[ATTACH=CONFIG]80501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80502[/ATTACH]

Nice little Brockhouse you have there, always been after a Welbike myself. these were used after the war, from 1948 onwards in various marks, and even in The White Helmets Display Team!!(Royal signals dispatch riders display team!!)

Speak to Welbike on here, he can point you in right direction for parts and info.

A great reference book to get is "From welbike to Corgi", by Peter Miller. Get revised adition its got a bit more in! Got mine on amazon.

just had a little peek in the book of knowledge and your frame number makes yours a mark 2, from april 1948 - 1950, engine number should be between 16005 and 24146.

Edited by Hoseman

I've seen so many of these erroneously painted in Airborne markings. I rather go along with Peter Millers research. Like quite a lot of equipment that was trialed and assesed for army use and very quickly rejected. I have no say in what other do with their vehicles. It's just my opinion. Ron

Scan-130814-0002.jpg

• 2 months later...
For next years show season I have painted one of my Welbikes with a black frame and bright gloss red tanks complete with Corgi transfers applied.I shall of course be displaying it as a GENUINE 1944 WW2 CORGI as used by the PARAS

Jon

Don't forget to fit the essentials. You can not win a war without a wailing siren and a baseball bat. Ron