Help with Mk1 Militant data please

Dear All,

Editing my original post as I made a typing error which matters, & only just realised. Its a 6x6 Cargo I'm looking for to photograph & measure, not a 6x4 as I first stated. Apologises for confusion, but thanks to those offering 6x4 help.

I'm on the scrounge for Mk1 Militant 6x6 data for the next kit in the Classic British series & wondered if any kindly Milly owner within reach of Boston Lincs might allow me crawl over their pride & joy with a camera & tape measure please?

Have gathered a fair bit of info already, but you can't beat seeing one in the flesh for measurements. Anything considered, with or without its body, with or without winch. All suggestions & offers greatly appreciated.

Many thanks all.

Howard @ KFS

kfs1@btinternet.com

Edited by RecyMech
6x6 not 6x4 as first requested

• 2 weeks later...

Howard

Any scope to do a large scale Scammell Crusader EKA model as part of your classic British series?

I could let you crawl around one for as long as you'd need, except I'm in Coventry.

Jeff Hall

Scammell Crusader EKA - NPW987V

Hi Jeff,

Cheers for the offer, appreciated. Slightly more longer term, but yes is the short answer. Already have the cab sorted as we did a civy Crusader 'transkit' with military conversion bits included some time ago. Had planned to do the 65 tonne tractor first & then spin off into the wrecker as a conversion kit for the tractor.:thanx:

Coventry is not so bad as I'm often in the Midlands.....I'm a Dudleyite.

Will drop you a PM for further info.

Now any offers of a Militant photo shoot any one ?:help:

Howard @ KFS

Hi Simon,

Cheers for the reply. Many many thanks for the offer.

I just realised as I read your post, I made a silly a%se typing error in the original post.....its a 6x6 Cargo I'm after photographing, not a 6x4. I must keep taking the tablets:nut:

Now feeling a pillock :blush: so I'll start a fresh thread to attract 6x6 owners.

Will keep you in mind anyway though as I see you have a 6x6 there as well :cool2:.

Thanks again,

H

I think I'm the only one on here with a 6x4? By all means send me a PM if you want to come and have a look. There's a 6x6 here as well, but its missing a spare wheel carrier (isn't it Rob? ) Both located in Leeds.

I really don't know what you mean. :whistle: But, good to hear you have finally got it at your place, any pics?