Hi from an old member back from the dead

Snapper

I've done this before and I'm trying again. No warning to the other Mods. No crud - straight in. I've been away quite some time for reasons some people know - not in prison - but something like it - LOL - health problems. Anyway - I am attempting to get myself back to how I used to be and playing again. I was at War & Peace Revival. I swore I'd never be at Beltring again, and I was right; and here I am some weeks later, still cleaning the muck out of my life and getting on my feet again. I saw a lot of friends at WP and it had me thinking I can't quite walk away from all this nonsense. I still have the MUTT and the brain thing and all the shizzle, but life proceeds. Lee and the chaps, Olaf and too many more to mention who I don't keep in touch with on FB were grand to see again. It has been a long year...two, more even. I'm in touch with Jack and Joris all the time due to stuff I do for War History Online. That has been fun..but I won't deny things have not been a nightmare but I've been cheered on by chums from HMVF and elsewhere either directly or in their own way and it is much appreciated.

I can't promise ultra-regular attendance. I will try and do some work here. I used to do quite a lot in my own way and was active. Then it all went pear shaped. Very. I have a few things I need advice on and the cynics will assume that is why I am back, but actually, I was prompted by the implosion of another forum I know of and a mate was saying about it and I was telling him about this place and it made me think what I had missed. Some people still call me Snapper - it applies to photographers in "Fleet Street" where I still work despite all the arrests and mess - but you can ignore it if you like

Mark

Hello and welcome back sweetheart. Good too see round here again. I am one of the lucky ones that have met you in person and keep up with you and your antics over in Facebook land so to me you've never been too far away. You know I know your demons so let's crack open a bottle of lemonade and tell each other tales!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I didn't know you'd been absent without leave old boy.

I'll never forget your face in the back of that Dodge leading the Bolero convoy in 2007 when we left Parham Airfield - Didn't know where to point your telephoto lens next !

Thanks chums.

It's been a funny time. Here and not here. Doing stuff elsewhere - in a sort of haze. I was at the two A & Es and spent a bit of time in.... A & E! well, that's life. When your brain decides to cave in you just have to wait for the thing to stop messing about and get the glue out. Job done...sort of. There are bits missing - of brain and time and I can't really make sense of some things - but is that news?

You'll find me on FB using my actual name and I'm on there with a battlefields history pix page called For Your Tomorrow which is staggering on to a slow and dignified end - much like me. I hope.

M