Putting airsoft guns on your vehicle rather than de-acts?

BRDM Driver

I've got an Airsoft SA80, a couple of M1911 Colts and Browning Hi Power. In some cases they are cheaper than de-acs, sometimes more expensive. Yes VCR does rear it's thick head. I am a memeber of a Re-Enactment group with 3rd Party liability insurance, so once proof is provided to dealear they will sell them to me. The SA80 plastic pre VCR was about £30 , the Colts, single shot spring, post VCR about £30 the Browning which is a gas gun (Great fun to actually shoot) Was the expensive one at £80. From a realaistic point view they are very good.

So is restoration of a MV (and perhaps belonging to MVT) a recognised 'defence' to own an Replica Imitation Firearm?

I read that you can be 'gifted' an airsoft gun from someone who is a registered 'skirmisher' but not sold one.

Given that manufacturing RIF's is illegal, where does that leave all the Sabre owners who have 'made' Rardens and chain guns???

So is restoration of a MV (and perhaps belonging to MVT) a recognised 'defence' to own an Replica Imitation Firearm?

I read that you can be 'gifted' an airsoft gun from someone who is a registered 'skirmisher' but not sold one.

Given that manufacturing RIF's is illegal, where does that leave all the Sabre owners who have 'made' Rardens and chain guns???

If you are a member of the MVT why not ask them for guidance...

In the past i have used both (de-act & airsoft) - i have to say the public generally dont know the difference anyway - For me it made sence to have a £45 airsoft SA80 either displayed in the vehicle or carried around(as part of my display and only at shows i hasten to add!) rather than the expense of a real sa80

- being an MVT member i knew i was covered by the re-enactor licence - A word of caution though (not wanting to offend or teach anyone to suck eggs......).....Like all airsoft guns - they are now sold in "obvious colours" - either with an orange tip / barrel or the whole thing as in my case was painted red......I did i'm ashamed to say paint mine to replicate a "proper" firearm - and heres the problem - you are now in a very dodgy position - you are now sporting a very genuine looking firearm,with no de-act certification or other.....if that were ever to fall into the wrong hands or be mistaken for the real mcoy.....imagine the headlines...."armed police shoot man with toy gun" - the press would have a field day , not to mention the implications of a head to head with a firearms unit - i guess to summerise i would say,yes it makes perfect sence - but be very careful - treat the weapon once painted(because i know you will!) - with as much respect as an orriginal - never leve it unattended or not securley locked away.....ive lost count the number of times over the years i have seen firearms left unattended in vehicles that themselves arnt secure......carbine holders in jeeps......sa80's in stripped down landrovers.......Just be careful.....an immitation firearms is as menacing as the real thing.......

In the past i have used both (de-act & airsoft) - i have to say the public generally dont know the difference anyway - For me it made sence to have a £45 airsoft SA80 either displayed in the vehicle or carried around(as part of my display and only at shows i hasten to add!) rather than the expense of a real sa80

- being an MVT member i knew i was covered by the re-enactor licence - A word of caution though (not wanting to offend or teach anyone to suck eggs......).....Like all airsoft guns - they are now sold in "obvious colours" - either with an orange tip / barrel or the whole thing as in my case was painted red......I did i'm ashamed to say paint mine to replicate a "proper" firearm - and heres the problem - you are now in a very dodgy position - you are now sporting a very genuine looking firearm,with no de-act certification or other.....if that were ever to fall into the wrong hands or be mistaken for the real mcoy.....imagine the headlines...."armed police shoot man with toy gun" - the press would have a field day , not to mention the implications of a head to head with a firearms unit - i guess to summerise i would say,yes it makes perfect sence - but be very careful - treat the weapon once painted(because i know you will!) - with as much respect as an orriginal - never leve it unattended or not securley locked away.....ive lost count the number of times over the years i have seen firearms left unattended in vehicles that themselves arnt secure......carbine holders in jeeps......sa80's in stripped down landrovers.......Just be careful.....an immitation firearms is as menacing as the real thing.......

Wise words. Is the SA80 for the CVRT different to the normal version? I have heard talk of a shortened carbine version. If so is this available as an airsoft one, or will a normal sa80 fit?

Cheers

Timbo

Very simple really. If it looks like a gun, treat it like a gun. Don't flash about in public, cover when your traveling' only display on showground. Bear in mind Mr Plod will treat anything sighted as real until well proven otherwise. After all he want's to go home at nights.