M72 LAW.. deact or not?

stevel98

HI

NOT wanting to confuse things but can some tell why l have a letter from my local fire arms officer on the question

about 66mm launch tubes [ l quote l have sought the view of mr xxx xxxxxx a forensic scientist who informs me that

the 66mm launch tubes were section 5 firearms having been fired he regards the launch tubes as scrap and you may

retain possession of these items without the need for them to be entered on your certificate] these were not deactivated

and sadly l no longer have them confusing aint it

just to put a bit of mud in the water.......

the British Army reloaded these ........with 21mm sub caliber adapters (could be used many times)

and the British Army Drill launchers had their firing pins and trigger mech. drilled to prevent re-use

A deact cert could be alot cheeper than (posibly at best) been proved right in court

how would a person (without a section 5 RFD) present a section 5 weapon to the proof house?

One of the beautys of the system in UK is if , for instantce clearing out Grandad's loft, you come across something that is illegal, and you'd be suprised how many Enfeild revolvers turn up, to hand them in. Either through a Registered firearms dealer, who will put it down 'Handed in by person unkown', or to a Police Station, but in that case better to phone for an appointment. The idea is get unlicensed stuff of the strreets before it goes onto the black market. Catch criminals not persecute the innocent. Most sensible dealears will help you get a find de-ac'ed should you wish..

You can buy commercial quality stuff quite easily now. I've repaired a number of Land Rover inner wings with plates glued on , proper adhesive I add and prepared as manufacturers instructions, the MOT inspectors have accepted it. After all buses are glued together now.

I asked.. No holes, just glued inside and decent silver steel pins will do, ..and the reducing ring at the rear which I can turn to fit inside and glue in again. I'll use Loctite 454 to permanently affix them then pour epoxy around the edges like a fillet weld. No hammer will shift that without destroying the tube first.

Specs seem quite clear..

© Cross pin the main tube. Weld the hard steel pins in place. Pins to be 10mm minimum diameter. In plastic tubes, use threaded pins to help, securing in place with resin. Pass threaded pins through tight fitting tube across inside of bore. Where tube is made of alloy, continuous circular crimps, similar to tubular shotgun magazines, may be used or use hard steel pins bonded inside plastic sleeves across bore.

From the above to me that reads that you pass the pins through a tight fitting metal tube which is then bonded inside the launcher..