[ATTACH=CONFIG]79878[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79879[/ATTACH]

John Pearsons Valentine in the arena Sunday afternoon

Below after the show taken on the Monday morning

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79883[/ATTACH]

I like the idea 432 mechanicals

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79884[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79885[/ATTACH]

Hi Bill, Thanks for posting the photos of our K9, Champ and Ferret in Suez livery. Glyn :)

What a brilliant display that was too! Three really nice vehicles commemorating an almost forgotten campaign but a bit hidden away in Kitchener's Field - you really should have been in the modern 'non digging' Living History bit of the show!

What a brilliant display that was too! Three really nice vehicles commemorating an almost forgotten campaign but a bit hidden away in Kitchener's Field - you really should have been in the modern 'non digging' Living History bit of the show!

Thank you Peter. We chose to go in Kitchener's Field because we had caravans for the wives and children's comfort. Nethertheless, we were disappointed to end up with public camping right opposite us, despite us having friends with MV's who arrived the previous day, who started to set up, then were moved on by the marshals. Our group travelled a maximum of ten miles to put on the display. We really felt for the couple who travelled from Germany to spend three days putting up the East German border display that nobody really saw. Perhaps this is something that needs addressing for future shows. We have twice as many Suez era vehicles in various stages of resoration for next year. Glyn

Edited by Glyn

Great pictures every one, rich your QL looked great, made me wish I never sold my one now, just didn't have the time to do a full restoration, there was some really good stuff in the kitcherners field but it seemed to be so hidden away? Its quiet a remote field from the rest?. Will post more photos tonight.

Bill.

Great pictures every one, rich your QL looked great, made me wish I never sold my one now, just didn't have the time to do a full restoration, there was some really good stuff in the kitcherners field but it seemed to be so hidden away? Its quiet a remote field from the rest?. Will post more photos tonight.

Bill.

Thanks Bill,

The QL looks more authentic now with the covering of dust! Actually I worked it out that Kitcheners is a shorter distance to the epicentre (Grandstand area) than if we had been in Quiet camping or one of those other areas, and a nice walk along the main straight. With grass, the field will be more hospitable, but the incessant driving around it by some, gave rise to the persistant dust clouds which entered every corner of our vehicles and tents!